Question about RED drops (non dlc skin) after you've already crafted it

Hello,

So I have over 1000 + hours and I’ve tweaked my reds and crafted what I’ve needed. However, I’m still trying for RED drakfire guns and Pick even though I’ve crafted them. I know the illusion can drop for DLC (I have one for my pick) but I would like to know if the regular RED will drop even though I’ve crafted the weapon. I’d prefer the blue skin for my drakefires and pick.

I know duplicates used to drop because I’ve gotten the Drakegun (flamethrower) 7 times… but I haven’t played for a few months. No definitive patch info on this (I’ve looked) I’d like an actual answer from Fatshark if possible.

Yes. It will drop even if you have crafted it. I crafted around 15 red weapons because I was getting so many duplicates of other weapons. Finally after 1300+ hours, finally got my Red Ex Sword for Kruber yesterday. All the other weapons I have crafted I got as well. It’s just RNG being RNG

4 Likes

Yes, you can still get it from boxes even if you have crafted one.

Dude, isn’t that always the way? It was so frickin long before I got a red XSword on Kruber, and I still have never gotten a red Rapier for Saltz - the Bogenhafen skin for it was also literally the very last skin I got.

yea, I opened vaults on Kerillan for nearly 600 hours before I finally got my Red glaive. XD As in, I only opened up vaults on her… And I’m still missing a red dual sword illusion despite getting 6 of them, lol. But for the most part, all the weapons I actually wanted I didn’t get until the 800-1200 hour mark of gameplay. Except for Salty, I opened I think 20 chests on him and got my red Rapier, BoP, Xbow and volly Xbow.

1 Like