"Premium" Kriegsman Cosmetics (Veteran)

I want to preface this post with just a statement that I’m NOT attacking Fatshark or the artists or anybody involved with the creation of this set, I’m personally just happy my favorite faction got in.
There are many problems with this set that I just want to speak on a little, as others have too.

Thank you!

Since the release of the Krieg cosmetics, Veteran’s has been a special outlier of the bundles.
There are issues with all the Krieg bundles, but most would agree Veteran’s the worst offender.
In my opinion, all other classes got a very cool and unique take on the classic Kriegsmen look while Veteran seemingly got the short end of the stick. Which is kind of shocking considering they (from an outside perspective) seem the simplest to make since they have already-made canon designs.

I want to put a warning above this image to let people know this is not a GW endorsed product!
So please don’t take this as a suggestion as to what they SHOULD look like, but more as an example of what a more realistic Kriegsman could look like in Darktide compared to what we have currently.

I feel like what’s shown on the right, although not official, is more around what people were expecting out of a Premium cosmetic bundle based on the Death Korps of Krieg for Veteran.
The left, while not horrible, leaves a lot to be desired for any Krieg fan or Warhammer fan in general.

Not only is the design on the left full of inaccuracies but also seemingly negligence.
Here are a few in-game screenshots showing some problems that are still present in the game.
Most of the problems, aside from design, is clipping, and the HUGE fact that the coat has NO physics.
They also in a recent update completely flattened the box on the chest to “fix” clipping, shown also.
(Don’t get me started on the missing gas mask hose, that REALLY needs fixed)

All of this is most frustrating because of the fact we paid a premium price for these cosmetics.
Most bundles are 2400, I’ve seen some for even 2100. For the Krieg bundles, we paid 2900 each!
Also if you wanted the other helmet design, that was another 1400 aquilas. 4300 in total for one set.
That also doesn’t include any weapon skins, backpacks, frames, or anything extra.
We were told this price point was because of the extra quality and time that was put into the sets.
From what we’ve been given, this just doesn’t seem to be the case and is extremely disappointing.

If we’re going to pay a premium price for a bundle, I think it’s fair to expect a premium quality.
And unfortunately, that’s just not what Fatshark has provided us.
This bundle does not justify such a price increase, at all.

I also want to share some community-made suggestions that you can find by searching “Krieg” here on the forums. Below are a couple images of some fixes people have suggested to the design of the bundle, and although I don’t think they fix all the problems I personally have with the set, it’s cool to see some community edits made like this! Also give a little insight into how people want changes.

I got into Warhammer thanks to Fatshark and their Vermintide series.
The Death Korps of Krieg were one of the first factions I read into and were immediately in love.
They’re a fan-favorite and it really sucks seeing them so poorly implemented into Darktide.
I really, really hope we get proper changes in the future to help fix our Krieg boys and girls.

Thank you for reading my extremely poorly put-together post!

15 Likes

One thing
There will never be a cosmetic where something will attach from the head slot to the chest slot or any other slot

It’s kinda the thing with modular cosmetic systems where you can mix and match any cosmetic pieces together in their respective slots.

So the kreig cosmetic isn’t ever going to have the appropriate respirator tube attached from the gas mask to the respirator.

But I agree the “premium” store Is anything but with how it’s handled and the low quality of stuff it sells. Especially for veteran.
Especially 2 months of nothing but reskins and re-releases for your most played class is pretty hilarious for your most played class for your fomo store,

1 Like

You know, since Fatshark are trying to cater to that chunk of the 40k fanbase with the shovels, gasmasks and all that, I seriously doubt they’ll be kicking them!

More likely they’ll realise they made some blunders with the quality of the Veteran cosmetic, but its something that’ll take a bit of time.

@Majimasbigstinky I would guess, since some people asked the Fatshark support about this, that it will be improved eventually but won’t be this year. Maybe Q1 of next year if we’re lucky.

2 Likes

I see, I see.
I’m super cool with waiting as long as its done well.
I’ll continue holding out hope they’ll fix it in the future.
Thank you for your response!

2 Likes

Oh boy, here I go complaining about the Krieg skins again!

Actually, I won’t, all I will say is that I would not expect FS to correct them anytime soon, but will probably do another set of DKoK skins in a different colour, maybe with a few more lore accurate changes and then probably charge 3500 Aquilas for each pack because extra time and extra effort.

Mini rant

HAH! Extra effort and time, my RSM! Why do they lie to us? I mean, I am an idiot but it is something so stupid to lie about. How do you spend extra time and effort ruining something so iconic? Did they not think that we detail obsessive nerds of 40k will just go “Hey, sure, I’ll buy that pile of rubbish for £10 a pop” when some of us, like myself, are hot on the details of the DKoK and can point to the original equipment and clothing used on the Western Front between 1914-1918? I don’t know, I really do not know … [just imagine my voice tailing off in a bewildered manner]

8 Likes

what gets me is the zealot and psyker coats are fantastic i don’t see why vet is getting shafted when vet is the prime example of a kriegsman…

1 Like

Fs hate veteran for some reason
They’ve shafted the class a lot. Especially when it comes to cosmetics
Which is really stupid btw because it’s the most played class, you’d think they’d sell more than re-releases and low effort reskins to try and capitalise the most of the class most people play.

1 Like

I think a possible solution to this would be to have a system for some cosmetic pices, if put together with other cosmetics of the same “bundle”, should have a “special effect” .

So example, for the krieg skin to have a tube between the chest box on the krieg coat and the kreig mask because they belong together.

BUT if you have for example the steel legion coat and a krieg helmet/mask then there should be no tube cuse they are from two different sets.

2 Likes

This is something I really fear. Making a different Krieg cosmetic without fixing the current one would be a great way to kill the last remaining goodwill of the people who bought it. I can tell that if this is the case, I’m never giving their stupid shop money again, let alone buying their games.

5 Likes

After them dropping the “parade” steel legion helmet as a separatehelmet from the steel legion set i also fear they will do this.

I’ll jump in here to keep the topic alive.

I refunded this skin and got my Aquilas back. As someone who’s had a DKoK tabletop army since 2006, during 4th edition 40k, when they first started getting models from Forgeworld and the Siege of Vraks book, I was really excited for this, I paid the silly premium Fatshark slapped on it, and was super excited, but this was not a good purchase.

Now, artistic vision and differences are a thing, but multiple bits don’t actually match the DKoK uniform (wrong type of gear webbing, no gas mask hose, wrong type of gas mask) and this ends up looking like digital artist faithfully recreated somoene’s comic-con cosplay made from various army surplus bits, not the actual DKoK infantry models.

On top of that, other bits were just terribly handled. The chest rebreather unit is 2-3x as big as it should be (the chest unit should fit entirely between the web rigging on the chest). The size was correct on the Psyker, but the Veteran cosmetic had this comically oversized, and instead of just correcting the scale, Fatshark simply deflated and flattened it so it wouldn’t clip into the character’s arms anymore. On top of the gear webbing being the wrong type, it’s absurdly modeled being overly long, hanging weirdly, and adhering to the lumbar/lower back like a 90’s shooter texture, even through other skins like the Tox-Field gear don’t have this issue with their webbing. The coat is several sizes too large and baggy, and doesn’t extend far enough down the leg, it’s too short.

Some of these can be excused as artistic differences, and that’s fine, but this cosmetic was both poorly managed and poorly executed on multiple counts, and after the extra premium you slapped on this Fatshark, someone needs to acknowledge this never should have made it out the door.

6 Likes

Wonderfully put.

Considering how they responded to complaints about the rebreather box’s size on Veterans by simply reducing only the z-axis on it and calling it a day, I think it’s safe to say that’s the most radical change one can expect to see to any cosmetic that receives enough refund requests.

3 Likes

i honestly just want the bottom of the coat to not look so jank. just do what you did with the zealots coat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.