Power sword blessings

Greetings ya’ll.
if i strip the power cycler blessing of a mk III power sword, will i be able to put it on an mk VI power sword?

cheers in advance!

2 Likes

yes u can

3 Likes

Correct.

Took me forever to get Power Cycler 3, and when I did I got Power cycler 4 inside of a week. Weird.

2 Likes

ye i literally waited for a fortnight but just now power cycler 4 just popped up at sir meliks, the emperor be blessed!

2 Likes

No, you can’t. I believe everyone else is missing the detail that you’re stripping it off a MK 3 sword to put it on a MK 6 sword. Maybe bad with roman numerals?

Nuh uh

1 Like

You can share blessings on, and hopefully I’ve hit this right, anything where the name AFTER the model number is the same.

Eg

Any “Combat Axe” - but not tactical axes
Any “Tactical Axe” - but not combat axes
Any “Powersword” - but eg not catachan swords

Etc

Just be careful with staffs. All psyker staffs have a single named variant. I. E.

Purgatus <> Surge <> Trauma <> Void

4 Likes

Although, and I add, I think the Powersword is rubbish even with the blessing. :innocent: Ymmv.

Powersword is best melee in the game if you have a little room behind you. Charge it, heavy->repeat, repeat, dodge rear, repeat.

But it’s really important that you be ready for moments you don’t have space to charge the sword. Slaughterer is pretty good if you can get one swing out with the charge, since it makes the powersword decent if not epic unpowered.

Power cycler is pretty mandatory though. Kind of sucks they took a default trait of the sword and made it a blessing because it overshadowed everything else so much… and also sucks the thing isn’t just ‘on.’ All w40k weapons should just be ‘on.’

Chain weapons need a rework to bring them up, and then maybe they could let us move a bit more with the powersword (lousy mobility nerf, gah) because everything else would be better.

Chain weapons are okay right now, but they should be a lot better.

1 Like

I beseech you, use a Shovel.

Sadly, that’s why w40k melee weapons aren’t very w40k in their effect.

Some people really, really, REALLY… want to shovel it.

Some shovel it with both hands.
Some shovel it down your throat.
Some shovel it six feet high.
Some shovel the product of bulls. Some shovel other things.

But, when you reflect your Chainsword isn’t as chainswordy as it should be… look to the shovel.

1 Like

As long as its in the same weapon family it wont matter.

Is that a bug? Because the description on the official webpage says it’s shared with weapons of the same mark.

Its always been like that for as long as i can remember at least, i very much doubt its a bug and find it more likely that the website description might not properly convey the proper information due to how its worded.

But as an example, if you strip a blessing from an MK II tactical axe you can apply that blessing to the MK IV and the MK VII tactical axe as well.

Staffs are a bit of a weird one though since they could technically be considered as being in the same weapon “family” but you cant strip a blessing from a surge staff and apply it to a trauma staff.

Basically, it’s not mark, it’s type. And it’s account wide. If you get a blassing for a force sword, it will go on any force sword. Shotgun to shotgun. Ripper to ripper.

Only exception is force staff. Those don’t share across. It’s not 100% obvious that ogryn knives aren’t counted as knives, so if you were wondering no, they aren’t. But an Ogryn cleaver is any og cleaver. Og single shot shotty and og grenade are also not the same, even if the look it, but powersword 3 and 6 most certainly are. Personally I like PS3’s pattern better, but possession of blessings > individual weapons.

If you want to do a test, go get any blessing in mk2 from the shop that you don’t have, extract it, and try to put it on a blue (something else of the same type) on another toon. It’ll be there waiting.

1 Like

the power sword was pretty boring until they made it possible to cancel the animation of activating mk6. now its back in force and the only thing you fear are random pox bursters with its yuck dodge (but you also have the dad yell). with ranged focused buffs I end up going full exterminatus on everything in melee. it makes me think ‘wow why can we not do this with like power maul or a force sword or anything that would actually need it’.

the only variety I need is actual challenge back in the game, so it usually sits on the shelf…

You mean activate the special and push attack out of it or?

Yeah looks like being able to block faster out of the charge animation has made the ps6 the preferred PS at higher levels. Learn something new!

Tbf they abide by the rules, so they are not an exception.

Weapon names always go by the same scheme:
sub name — mk — family

(At least in the original english localization. Afaik in some languages, the mk may stand at the front or end of the item name. This is bad, since it removes the obvious cut between the sub name and family name.)

And for all force staffs, the „purgatus“, „trauma“, „surge“ and „voidstrike“ also comes after the mk.
For example:
Rifthaven MkII Purgatus Force Staff.
So going by the naming logic of all other weapons, „purgatus force staff“ is the family and therefore, blessings should not be shared with any other type of force staff.

Just like
Helbore Lasgun
Infantry Lasgun
Recon Lasgun
Are different families.
Although in that case, people might get it right away (intuitively), because each one of these families also has multiple marks, while force staffs only come with a single one per family.

1 Like

you can cancel into push attack or just tap block as the activation noise starts. Mk3 in literal shambles and I feel bad for people who spent mountains of plasteel trying to make a good one of those.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.