Power sword isn't fun

Having to activate the special ability after every hit is just plain annoying. Using it without the charge is just not fun. It feels like you’re attacking them with a pool noodle instead of something akin to a light sabre

Can you rebalance it somehow so that the charge is always on? Like maybe it just does moderate flat damage to all armor types + special attack is a thrust or lunge attack?

Either way it’s currently not in a good place

13 Likes

The “fix” is simple: just get lucky and get power cycler :slight_smile:
Gotta love “must haves” in my full RNG crafting system!

9 Likes

To make it more clear:
“Power Cycler” is a Power Sword exclusive Blessing, which was just aviable as Lvl 4 Blessing and it gives you +2 empowered attacks, so in total 3.

Before the nerf you had 2 power loaded attacks as basic without blessing
after the nerf now you have just one.
With the Blessing you have a better Power Sword than a basic one before.

Now with the newest Patch they implemented a Lvl3-Version of Power Cycler which gives you +1 empowered hit so 2 in total.

Conclusion is:
Spend many grinding materials and credits in upgrading power swords on orange and pray for power cycler lvl4 than you are happy with that sword, without the sword is totally useless.
Eventually you can have luck to get a Power Cycler Blessing in Melks Shop (Daily Reset) but thats just lottery.

It doesn’t make much sense I’m afraid. The long and short of it is that the nerf to power swords was essentially a non-nerf IF you have power cycler. And if you don’t, you’re out of luck.

Before the power sword was just poorly balanced. Now it’s balance by rarity.

3 Likes

Honestly the fact that they nerfed it, then unnerfed it with a blessing, immediately…is just hilarious. Its still so badly designed and they may as well just have reverted the damned thing considering its just as strong with Power Cycler as it is without it.

Maybe they’re just doing all these power cycler tiers so they can test different swing counts.

Imo, the powersword is fun to use and feels great (with power cycler).

Having to re activate every 2-3 hits is completely fine once you have gotten used to it.

Leave the weapon as it is.
It has been changed so many times…
Just leave it and let people get used to how it works.

Every further second spent on changing the PS is wasted time, as long as there is even a single other weapon that does not feel good to use.

What OP is asking for, sounds like turning the PS into an axe.
Just use an axe.

——
Regarding activation weapons:

Imo chainsword/eviscerator/chainaxe should work differently than they do.

Activate weapon special:
It should work just as it works now, except as long as you only hit trash mobs, the weapon should stay empowered for 2-3 swings instead of 1.
Once you hit an elite/special to trigger the „weapon gets stuck in target“ special attack, the empowered effect ends early.

Power Sword used to be a lot of fun. It was never invalidating other weapon choices. No weapon was. If anyone was saying that, they were either trolling or didn’t know what they were talking about. It was very good. It was meta too, so most players used it, the way they use combat axes or Purgatus staves now. There will always be a meta choice, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But the joy of cutting a Crusher in half with PS! That was so much fun!

Now the Power Sword just sucks. I never use it, even though I have a few of them with double T4 blessings. It’s somewhere out there between Catachan and Sapper Shovel. Good job, Fatshark.

RIP Power Sword

3 Likes

Wrong.

If you do not like the weapon, fine.
But it is certainly NOT bad and does NOT suck.

5 Likes

The PS with PC is too strong…
But as I have just written right now, I think that they should give a true weakness to the PS. Like by example carapace.

TBF it is not that great against carapace, unless you use rending blessing (or happen to have slaughterer stacked, and can keep it stacked while fighting the crusher, which you usually can not).

But sure.
The bodyshot damage against carapae could be taken down a bit.
It would certainly make the rending blessing more valuable.

1 Like

10 seconds to kill a crusher with PS that has sunder and PC
10 seconds to kill a crusher with a combat axe that has thunderous.

Isn’t PC useless on elites? It deactivates after hitting them.

Try decimator on your axe.
I get consistent 420+ dps on a crusher with that ( and 20% carapace dmg).
No stacking before first hit. No crits.

No.
This only applies to weapons that have a „sticky“ animation on their weapon special hit against elites.

Powersword and Illisi Force sword behave differently.

So it’s a false statement? Or you didn’t test it?

1 Like

No Power Sword mentioned there. Also the way I understand it is: those weapons deal that charged extra damage to first elite etc. So you can still pick them in horde. The charge used to be dealt to the first enemy hit. So that change was a buff.

I feel like I have to reiterate, so here it is. Power Sword is not a bad weapon, no weapon is unplayable. It is just not fun anymore. It does suck. And yes, that is MY humble opinion, in case this was not obvious.

1 Like

I use my PS every day and can tell you that the empowered state does not simply end just because you hit an elite. (Though it does appear to end when you get hit)

Btw the quote from the patchnotes, that you posted earlier, was a change to buff these weapon specials.
Since having too much cleave on these weapons could cause them to cleave through elites and therefore not activate the special high dmg sticky attack against them.
After this change, no matter how much cleave you have, any weapon with a „sticky special“ will now stop at the first elite or special that it hits, and apply the attack to that target.

2 Likes

You should reconsider how you word your statements :smiley:

So you mean it is not bad in performance.
But it sucks in regard to fun when using it?

1 Like

Yes, that is the topic of this forum thread.

1 Like

Ok, but nobody forces anyone to agree with OP.
People can have their own opinions and until now, your opinion was not clear.

Thank you for clearing it up.

1 Like