Possibly EAC Related Crash at Startup

EAC Related Crash at Startup between cutscenes and inquisitional clearance screen

Crash Report (If Applicable):
Unable to get the crash report, crashify does not show any windows just command prompts then exits.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open the game via Steam
  2. Wait and try to get inquisitional clearance
  3. Crash anywhere between cutscenes and the inquisitional clearance screen

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
veever

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[20/11/2022, 02:00PM] [GMT+3]

Reproduction Rate:
Common (<50%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-20-12.14.11-ebf58a47-fa8f-4d93-861c-57d16f018aea.log (16.7 KB)
console-2022-11-20-11.58.34-08396b2e-6447-40b3-a714-67537c5a8be4.log (6.9 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (273.1 KB)

I was able to play the game between 17/11/2022 - 18/11/2022 without any startup related crashes, I’ve had my first startup crash at 19/11/2022 sfc /scannow then restarting did help and I was able to play at that date (though I’m not entirely sure that it is a culprit) but I’m having this issue again at 20/11/2022. Also I know the issue is not related to Hardware Accelerated Scheduling like this forum post states since I was able to play the game and AMD is on a blocklist in Windows 11 registry for Hardware Accelerated Scheduling (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\BlockList\Kernel)

Do you have Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions in place? In case this is interfering.

I’m using Windows Defender and Firewall. I do have Windows Firewall exceptions but nothing for Windows Defender. I’ll add those as well and will report back if issue persists. Currently I’m able to play the game.

Unfortunately adding an exception for the Steam folder (common/Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE) did not really help as I’m still having crashes though seems like I’ve found a workaround by restarting my PC and opening nothing but Steam and Darktide so maybe it’s EAC having an issue with a process? I’ll try to find it.

1 Like

Unfortunately this problem reared its head once again after a while and even restarting does not seem the solve the issue anymore. Lack of information from EAC’s logging is not helping, is there way to enable more verbose logging? Crashify still fails in this type of crash.

Also keep in mind that I don’t have this type of issue in other games that uses EAC, such as Battlefield 2042.

I’ve also added EAC launcher log, it might help?
anticheatlauncher.log (1.4 MB)