Please tone down/rework bile troll passive health regen

Ohh yea i like the way that sounds too

1 Like

I have had the same problem with the troll. As mentioned before, the “unfair” aspect of the troll is that depending on your class, his passive regen will out heal your dps. There’s no way you can win that fight, and so, it feels unfair. Even with 2 people sometimes it takes way too long and then you risk getting killed by a horde or specials.

This is about consistency. If you can consistently kill any boss in the game 1vs1, then you should also be able to kill the troll. If, on the contrary, we agree that a boss should only be taken down by 2 or more, then let all bosses be like that. The disparity between bosses is what, in my humble opinion, is creating the problem.

6 Likes

Praise the comet , we’re on the exact same page \o/

1 Like

A much more eloquently written post reiterating what I attempted to say earlier. Thank you.

1 Like

In practice, this would only buff Sienna, as she’s the only one who can deal fire damage normally. Everyone else needs bombs or barrels. And Sienna’s powerful enough, against Monsters and otherwise, already. So not a good idea, even if it would be cool and lore-friendly.

Then again, it’s a co-op game. Soloing already requires specialized builds. High single-target DPS is just one thing. Everything is meant to be fought together with your teammates, even if you can grind bosses down with enough skill. That’s a large part of the reason I mentioned tweaking the respawn points instead of nerfing the Troll. When actually fought as a team, the Troll is already the fastest-dying Boss.

Btw, the Troll is, in general, easiest to defeat from far away or very close. Most of his attacks have minimum reach limit too.

1 Like

Troll regen is canon and the degree to which we experience it in V2 is already extremely watered down. I believe in the lore the only way to perma-kill it is with fire. The fire gate was the issue.

1 Like

Im with you,the Troll is by far the worst and more annoying than the other 3 specially in this new beta i been playing. Sometimes you have 4 tanks who cant out dps his health regen. plus add in a horde and specials AND the tiny place you have to face the troll.

Oh you have 4 tanks ? you deserve to lose what kind of overwatch mentality is that ? this aint some dumb competetive game.

in conclusion, the Troll’s regen needs to be adressed or take a chunk of his health away, dumbest boss around

I get what you are saying and have said multiple times throughout the thread; but the troll is still an outlier because nothing else in the game punishes an individual player in this way. Every single other enemy and encounter is a test of SKILL and reaction to the situation, ultimately. This includes teamwork, yes, and if your team has wiped then it can mean that you deserved a fail. However, it is extremely naive at the same time to think that any mistake means that. Even the absolute best players make mistakes and die; recovering from that with one player, ‘clutching’ is the greatest test of skill in this game, and shouldn’t be artificially blocked. It requires near-perfection.

Instead of punishing team failure, what this really means is that players who feel they are likely to have to clutch (or just want to proof themselves against it) will feel they must pick specific loadouts that allow them to single-handedly deal with Bile Trolls, limiting their options. Over-centralization because of a specific thing is one of the stand-out features of something that needs a balance tweak.

1 Like

preach

You have a point. The troll is the fastest-dying boss when it’s focused by the whole team. But then, it’s near impossible to defeat in a 1 on 1 situation. This means that it doesn’t provide a challenge against teamwork, neither rewards individual skill of a single player. The troll is therefore a bad designed boss, and should be reworked/balanced accordingly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Agree!

2 Likes

@kweassa Just for the recorde I understand and completely agree with everything you have said here.

Now I’m not saying OP isn’t skillful or anything of the kind but under the condition that was present a zealot with a flail shouldn’t be able to solo a troll (on legend). The choice should be to run and rez his friends which is currently impossible because of the bile/fire wall. The skill in this situation should be out maneuvering the troll and getting to your mates for reinforcements.

Get rid of the walls FS, no one is trying to ignore bosses in this game unless its a speed runner (who will just exit game and reload as soon as they see a boss that creates walls), and a team that is on the home stretch. The wall makes no sense anyway.

1 Like

I agree that -something- needs to be done, it kind of kills the fun of trying to clutch when all your allies are on the other side of the wall and you can’t out-dps the regen. Attrition should always be a viable strategy if you’re skilled enough to survive a not-in-your-favor situation that long. I’m in favor of just getting rid of walls since I don’t really get the point of them anyway (speedrunners can just avoid any boss, and actual teams are going to have to deal with it at the finale), but if fatshark is really insistent on keeping them, maybe there can be some mechanic where walls disappear or move ahead if the boss has been near it for awhile or something.

oh cmon now you’re just exaggerating. 4 tanks can whittle a troll down on legend. obviously not at a rate of having a dedicated dps class, but good enough to beat through his hp regen.

2 Likes

Boss walls make no sense. Remove them and we have a way to pick up downed players when there is a troll.

1 Like