Please return the drums to Bardin's ult

I remember it often. I really liked it. I know a lot of people didn’t like it, but it would be great if we could at least have it as a toggleable option instead of just not having it at all.

For those who don’t remember, here’s the record:

1 Like

Wasn’t that removed in the first place because it causes a bug (reported multiple times)? If it becomes a toggleable option it should default to “off”.

The patch where the bug was fixed:

Looks like it. But for me, they always only played in the last seconds before the ult expired. (which was great) By the way, completely removing the sound from the game does not seem like a good solution to the bug.

Yeah I really miss this. I played a lot of Ironbreaker in the first year after launch before the sound became bugged somewhere along the way and was removed.

1 Like

Wasn’t sure what you meant, so had to listen. Personally I’m kind of relieved that got changed/removed. For me it’s kind of loud, and intrusively distracting. Also not sure what it represents, sound design wise. Would be totally happy for it to be toggle-able for people who like it.

2 Likes

I think it’s supposed to represent the hammering of the weapon against the shield.

…It sounds like a bug, and i am pretty sure it got removed following bug-reports.

Are we sure it wasnt just a bug?

1 Like

It was a bug. (I was one of the bug reporters.)

It was too loud and plays the drumming sounds even when it doesn’t make sense for the sound to be playing. (See my post above for the bug reports.)

If it makes a return, the volume should be lowered and Fatshark should make it play only in contexts where it makes sense to play. It shouldn’t play too often, since it can get annoying. And, it should be optional, so people who don’t like the sounds can turn it off.

That’s what I think too. Seems like Bardin taunting wazzocks. Though, back when it was in the game, it will play even without a shield weapon.