Please add a Full-Auto trigger option in settings

So I’ve been playing a lot of Darktide, and I really enjoy a lot of the semi-automatic lasguns but the problem for me comes in the fact that spam clicking causes me pain in my hand. I have some nerve damage from when I was in High School because of something stupid and it makes spam clicking uncomfortable.

Destiny 2 added a feature which helps to mitigate this, it was originally a weapon mod but then was fully developed into an option in the settings. Full-Auto trigger essentially allowed you to hold fire on semi-automatic weapons and it would shoot it at the maximum firerate of the weapon repeatedly as if you were spam clicking but only needing to hold it down.

It would greatly increase my enjoyment of using those semi automatic weapons when fighting numerous enemies as DarkTIDE often throws at you.

4 Likes

it’s absolutely fair to ask for this as a core feature, but a mitigation that FS have allowed to help this issue specifically (ie, accessibility) is that macroing programs are totally permitted. autohotkey i think is the popular one.

set yourself up a macro, autofire is very easy to make. i use the software on my mouse for a very simple slide spam (that i’m still working the kinks out of).

I recommend you to use this mod, it is very helpful for the health of your fingers.
FullAuto
All it does is exactly what you need.

So, I tried the FullAuto mod. It does something funky with input priorities or something else that kills my style of play, literally. Playing a gunslinger psyker, I had my laspistol out and aimed at a target when two Gunners open up on me, so without letting go of left or right click I tried to swap to my deflector force sword. Both 1 and Q swapped to the force sword, but snapped straight back into ADS with my laspistol for some absurd reason. I kind of just aimed dumbly at them for a few seconds until I got mowed down trying to shimmy into cover. Plus I’ve noticed some real jankiness with movement and weapon swapping in general, only when I have the mod enabled.