Players are hating maps - Qiuck wipes on quick play

It’s not necessarily hard, it’s just often undoable.
I remember the first time I did it, and we fought the gatekeeper.
He was just spazzing around constantly, and I thought to myself “what a weirdly weak boss”. I actually figured he was supposed to transform - he just never did.
First time I jumped through the gate it spawned me backwards.
And on a halescourge map, I’ve seen nearly all adds spawn in the walls, and the boss refused to come down again for what must have been a minute.
That sure didn’t always happen, but saying it doesn’t because it worked once isn’t really a valid argument, either.
I sure managed to wipe on the final skittergate boss as well, on my first try, so that’s certainly not impossible.

1 Like

hehe

git gud

3 Likes

I don’t think there needs to be a higher award for boss maps but it seems like the boss maps have a higher priority as it seems like I get 3 boss maps out of any 5 quick play games. That seems a bit much. If this was something I saw on 1 day I would say it was a weird RNG coincidence but I get that pattern every day. Please check into the algorithm so the distribution of maps chosen in quick play is more even.

You’re probably just unlucky, then. I sure remember most times I get skittergate, and then we all quickly jump down the cliff, but I play plenty of maps in between. I’ve had days where I didn’t get a single one, but nearly all runs where act 3 1-3. I haven’t noticed a prevalence of boss maps.

That’s b/c you can CC the boss so he doesn’t spawn adds

Just get rid of quick play bonus.

Problem solved.

4 Likes

Going through Skittergate in legend while 3/2ing and defeating at least 3 bosses for, a dice ? 25% of a tier ? And something that can already drop twice during said mission ?

Completing a boss map should reward you a bonus of at least a complete tier. I dont even care of Fatshark argument about avoiding min-maxing.

If it’s not at least that, people will still continue to suicide at the beggining because its not worth.
That or making bosses more trivial, to set those maps on a same difficulty than the others.

It still spawns the adds. Just the boss in itself that get bullyed.

If it will be something big - players will farm boss maps 24\7 (probably 1 easiest map). IMHO we need at least something in reward, but nothing really big.

Thank you. Skittergate on champ yesterday so i jokingly said “pussies :p” but went along with them. Next map I get tons of ff, got instagibbed by Salty’s ult when a troll appears. Received 2 bombs to my face while meleeing the boss at the end only to have Salty finish me off again and they all went down the next 20 seconds. I got blamed for the failure because my results were slightly lower even though I was covering their tryhard asses most of the game. End rant.
Anyone play this game for fun anymore? Instead of grinding.

1 Like

You new in the internet, am i right?

Interwat?

Nope. Just for grind. Then uninstall. Same as Left4Dead was - except the grinding.

I NeED ReDS!!! GrIND!!!

i don’t know why everyone’s experience seems to be horrid. the games i play, people generally want to complete maps. i only had one experience where one dude (i think he was new to champion) decided to fire at everyone with his drakefire pistols and when he killed everyone he went ‘oh’ and ressed everyone back up.

yes, i do love the game enough to constantly find new combinations of class/weapons/talents to master. there are obviously more powerful combinations, but once in a while i take a stupid combination, jump into veteran and have fun.

I’m usually with some decent pubs as well actually. I just felt like ranting after playing with these assholes. Tryhard ranged players annoy me though. Assuming I need help with a single packrat or a few clans so they end up shooting through me.

I still refuse to do Skittergate.

1 Like

The glowing caves. You should be proud to be there while it’s not yet well known, it’ll be so crowded when the cruise ships get there.
Have a party member that has the opposite problem since two patches ago: It’s pitch black, ha can barely make out hard corners in the geometry.

Try changing ambient lighting to anything other than lowest setting. It fixed the eyef*ck caves for me.

Halescourge is okay. I can dodge him pretty well now. He doesn’t resist damage like Spinemangler.

Skittergate is also okay actually. Once deathrattler dies, raskitt is pretty vulnerable. The map is just long.

Bodvarr is okay too.

Spinemangler is such a pain. I may have been too impatient when fighting him though.

Yes people quit these maps including my group sometimes because they are too long.