Picture frames based on level past 35 ? (reply with ideas)

Hello Adelion,

I agree with you about some frames used for specific achievements can be “showing off”. Please consider all the new frames currently in the weave ranks. I think frames based on Loyalty or level would be easier to obtain then “elite” status ones.

However, sometimes its nice to know a seasoned player has joined your group when you see a Cata FOW frame or sum such…

Oh, you mistook me about limited frames. I meant if there are to many made the 1000 item limit will be reached quicker for some people. I had to have all my deeds removed because I ran out of room a month or 2 ago. (frames and hats are included in the count)

Thanks! Keep the replies coming
Vormar

1 Like

I don’t understand why you find it silly. If you worked hard to get something, why not show it off ? I’m not saying bragging about it to everyone, but a veteran wearing a medal is something I respect.
I understand your point about some of them being fugly, but what would your opinion be if they were good-looking, animated, or something like that ?
Do you have the same opinion about equipping a red illusion for a weapon (though the ‘earned’ bit is less targeted and more RNG dependant), or a black & gold skin for a character ?

I’m genuinely trying to understand. I get it’s pointless and just to show off, but that is something one can strive for and that builds fidelity in a playerbase ; like titles or prestige levels in other games.

1 Like

Because it lead to … erratic behaviour in Vermintide 1.

Granted, we already have Frames which have a similar effect and there are so many frames that not using the “pro-gamer” frames doesn’t tell much.

This is expected. But has no effect on me. Because I’m definitely a solo player, and I don’t have anyone in my private games that I could impress with frames or hats. Or vice versa.

And this is good. I feel completely free.

I too often see people using borderline ugly frames just because they were hard to get and the want to show off. Or my aesthetic sense is just … different.

For this reason, I have never made a challenge for an “elitest” frames. And I didn’t even try. Especially if engagement with community is necessary. Items that I will never use are not worth suffering for.

Well, I like frames, but as items in a collection. There is only one usable frame type for me and my bots to use. I can tell if you’re interested.

2 Likes

As achievement hunter I certainly understand the concept of showing off myself. It is just that for Vermintide I would chooses asthetic over showing off. If a hard to get frame is nice to look at, of course I would use it. But I would do the same for a frame that is as easy to get as breathing (unless underwater). Call if a different priorisation.
Same goes for weapons (okay, I’m to lazy to change weapon illusions) or skins. I wouldn’t use them if I dont like how they look. And as said, maybe the people using the stuff I find ugly, do find it visually pleasing. After all, it comes down to preference and taste.

Not exactly the same but I have all premium cosmetics and use currently like two or three because most of them I simply don’t like.

3 Likes

Well said Saryk,

I really really hated farming for those stupid blue illusions and you’re da*n right I wear them on all my characters. Portrait frames should be considered the same way. If someone doesn’t want to equip or get them, no problem. Opinions?

Thanks,
Vormar

1 Like

I’ve yet to find a frame that reliably shows off that someone is competent. I was more times rather disappointed than relieved after seeing someone play who had that Cata FoW frame (this is mostly coming from Legend qp, might be different on Cata qp).
I don’t find it as appalling, but it sure is nothing ‘to write home about’.

Example: I play Deep Rock Galactic for fun and 95% solo, totally different to V2. I’ve yet to unlock hazard 5, so i didn’t even play five hazard 4 missions. But i have the platinum frame for my scout. A lot of time and ingame ressources have gone into promoting the scout to get to that point. But i’m by no means experienced on higher difficulties.

If we turn this around on V2, someone having a potential +500 level frame could’ve done them all on Veteran. We don’t know. For me the most reliable way to find good players is still watching them play. I don’t judge the book by it’s cover (in this context that’s the frame, btw.), but how they perform.

Some of them are… not very good to look at, like the rapier veteran illusion. Very bland. The rapier does have some nice exotic illusions though, with the nicer, gold inlaid pistol skin. Some others mess up the look of the weapon, like Victor’s volley crossbow. Nice red and blue colour scheme? Yeah, not enough, slap some blue glow on that. Goes way better with Victor’s love for those colours (V1 skin, 1 hat, one regular crossbow illusion has it too).
Or using a longbow with leaves and/or bark, vines, twigs etc. on Shade doesn’t seem right to me, so i use the one illusion that has nothing of that for that career, and because it’s the least obtrusive/sight blocking of the bunch, i use it on all her careers, for gameplay purposes. Some other veteran illusions are even more egregious in that regard, take Sienna’s Flamestorm staff, blocking half the screen (i’m exaggerating of course, but it is pretty huge).

Others are downright gorgeous, like Krubers sword & mace. Dwarven blade with runes? Awesome, never picking the other ones.

3 Likes

I don’t like the mace’s head for instance :sweat_smile:

This point exactly.Prestige levels were shown in V1 which led to players being rather toxic over others with lower level.I mean,just look at those getting overly dissatisfied over non level 35 players on Legend,imagine what would happen if there’s a frame specifically to show off how much levels you got on a character.

Touching on Warframe for a bit,there’s a mission type that gives you an item called “arcane” which only drops from a specific type of enemy called as “Eidolon”.There’s 3 of them with each having a different drop pool.They can be farmed infinitely throughout the day but the catch is,they only spawn in during the nighttime(lasts around 16-20m).The game keeps tracks of how many Eidolons(of each type) you killed and captured,leading to people typinf out ridiculous LFG messages like “LFG>3x6 1000 captures only” or “LFG>3x6 minimum 1000 captures,can play Trinity/Volt/Chroma”.

It’s an unnecessary addition to the game

3 Likes

once you get over 500 levels in any character you should just get a notification in chat telling you you’ve lost control of your life

2 Likes

Maybe life lost control over me. Would have to check, I think I have two 400s :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I dont know why people are so upsetty spaghetti over this.
Just another thing to go for if someone wanted it.

1 Like

I like it because it is the only new one, better than a copied V1 Sienna mace, the regular illusion as well as the weave illusion both are:

here they switched the handle at least:

I like the idea to do anything with those levels past 35. I’m a grinder and nothing bugs me more than numbers going up without anything to reach. Right now, overlevels could be removed entirely since they have no purpose (except for granting commendation chests which certainly could be solved differently). That’s sad.

I kinda enjoyed how Killing Floor 2 initially handled ‘prestige levels’. For Vermintide, it could be made that you trade in levels for one prestige level frame and every 100 levels spent would unlock another tier of that frame, almost like with the deeds frames. This can be capped at 1000 or 2000 or w/e amount and since it’s only one upgradeable frame players could work towards it any time, either by playing their ‘main’ character only or by scraping levels together from all their played characters.

4 Likes

I like those a lot, just not the Skull with spikes through the mouth tiny mace head that the red illusion has.

Oh wow, that’s a great idea! I totally agree with the +35 levels being worthless right now… it would give players something to work towards. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Jay Jay

Ah yes, bad players with a frame because they were carried through a map… lol. It can happen, I’ve seen terrible players with a good frame that sucked. However, Deep rock galactic is um, filled with legit players :wink: https://www.cheathappens.com/ - quick levels, full stuff, etc… I like how V2 stops a lot of cheaters.

Anyway, the point of loyalty or level frames would be to show the player has put in time and at least knows the maps/books (at least I would hope so) :face_with_raised_eyebrow: It would also be a reward for players that keep leveling past 35, at the moment you just get commendation chests.

Agreed with all your illusion point of views. I’m still waiting for my stupid Kruber illusion for the exec sword (the kewl one) You can read my previous post here : Both Kruber Executioner Red Illusions still drop? Missing one

Thanks!
Vormar

I have no life x 5 - pay no attention to the screenshots plz

Yes.

2 Likes

Exactly my point :laughing:

How else am I going to let randos in QP know that I’m so much better a human being than them? Ego frames are extremely important