Performance is way worse after patch #14

It feels like any improvements the game got in patch 13 are now lost. Running the game on a 5800X 3D and RTX 3080 i got from the averages of 90’s with dips to high 60’s to drips to low 40’s with frequent stuttering. The experience just got so much worse for seemingly no reason. Does anyone else experience this?

6 Likes

Performance has stayed roughly the same on my i7-7800K and GTX1080.

Did you make sure that the update didn’t change some of your settings? Raytracing in DT is notorious for turning itself on for no reason, f.e.

1 Like

I don’t know magic behind but deleting Fatshark folder in AppData\Roaming\ helps. There are some crash logs or something that somehow affects fps.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for flagging this! I’ve seen quite a few reports of this so will make sure it gets investigated.

5 Likes

Can we get an update on the other things as well???

Same here on my I5-9400f and RTX 2060.

Overall I’d say that the servers feel more responsive; I don’t get teleported into the hands of the mutants and I don’t get pinned by Hounds when I shouldn’t.

Same. I’m forced to stop playing, don’t want to ruin others’ freetime because of my horrible stuttering.

1 Like

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB of RAM, Windows 11 and a RTX 3080. Same here, even with everything down to low or off, I’m maxing about 20/30 in the lobby, and 10 in gameplay.

I used to play with 60fps in Patch 13 with RTX on, it was awesome. Now I quite literally can’t play.

2 Likes

On xbox one X, sometimes the game assets appear to load improperly. Just looking at an empty room tanks the fps, but if I restart, it’s good for that run. It’s even noticeable in the Mourningstar. Happens rarely, but I first noticed it just before the patch.

Can confirm this patch 14 has degraded performance for me.

I’ve been playing on all settings on the high pre-patch without raytracing and been able to get a stable 60 fps with minimal stutters with normal vsync on at 60hz. The 1% lows were bearable at about 50fps.

Now it feels unplayable with so much stutter during take firefights and I’m seeing dips to 50fps even on the Morningstar. I’ve had to minimise debris scatter and ragdoll count to make it playable but it’ll still chug to like 30fps on say the final magma map whereas it was smooth 60fps before.

Another thing I’ve noted is that my GPU utilisation has been low on high enemy counts where my fps drops to a point where the perf cap on GPUZ shows idle.

Lastly might be completely unrelated, but the past few days I’ve been getting error 2014 a lot where the game doesn’t sync enemies properly but other players move normally. Hit registration does not work and I’m booted out after about 3 mins with a chance to reconnect. Happens in maybe 1 out of 5 games.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060 Super 3x OC 8GB
32gb ram @ 3200
Windows 10

1 Like

I’ve run into a similar issues, after switch from my intel machine to my AMD machine (i5 13600k to ryzen 9 7900) because I wanted more threads since I wanted to up the ragdoll count to 75 or 80 I ran into severe stutters.
Another thread ( SAM causing massive stutters - #18 by xeonzs ) makes me think it’s specifically related to AMD CPUs (since I run both machines with the RTX 4090, depending on which one I’m using).

With the intel i5 I had no issues with transistions during loading (smooth), less FPS drops and especially no GIGANTIC stutters (would sometimes drop from 160-220 to 6-8 fps) for a few seconds when looking in a specific direction, one time it got so bad my whole system was becoming unresponsive and this only happens with Darktide, and only after patch 13/14.

1 Like

Yeah the same for me, before the update I had 70+ frames at 1440p but now it’s in the 50’s and dips even lower into the 30’s.

I’ve tried most things but nothing, nothing helps. It is wierd but Phatshark should fix this asap!

I also have a AMD cpu, maybe that is the cause?

2 Likes

I personally do not really have “Stutters”, I just have alot lower FPS than before the patch…

from around 130-144 (vsync) with some drops during hordes into like 90s, to around 90-100 fps at most with drops into low 60s during hordes.

Specs:
i9 12900k
64gb DDR5
rtx 3090

Lowering settings does basically nothing which makes me think they somehow implemented a CPU bottleneck with patch #13/14…
Its also not my system overheating since my GPU barely reaches 55c and my CPU hovering around the 50-60c mark.

I really hope they fix this soon because I don’t really like playing the game in this state, the low amount of content is already terrible enough but now its performance issues again as well…

i have not played the game in a long time, but i had similar issues before (patch #8ish). removing all game configs and starting game vanilla fixed all wierd issues with frame drops & stutter (rx6900 user, so you would expect game to run smooth, right?)

i believe that game has serious cfg bugs and cannot handle upgrading from old config to new one if you did select anything other than standard low/medium/high preset in ui.

bump, so this doesn’t get auto closed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.