[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.1 Content Update

Cool, didn’t see it. Most promotional material ends up filtered into my trash, if I even got it. Why didn’t they give some sort of announcement on the launcher, where any player logging in could see it?

Seems the most obvious place to me, if they cared to inform the majority of their active playerbase.

I agree. There is no reason to be rude to others. We can(hopefully)have a difference of opinion and still get a long.
I think we can all agree(for the most part lol) that we are all here on these forums because we really like the game, are passionate about it, and would like to see it do well and have a long life.
Why else would we spend our time giving feedback, reporting bugs, discussing builds etc…

At least these forums are a heck of a lot better than the Steam forums. By Taal what is wrong with that place?!

1 Like

Just crashed because of the 2:00 AM quest reset, we’d just killed a boss from one of the boss maps with all books up >< Hope this will be patched soon, and please consider trying to code the ‘‘new quests’’ as ‘‘Player has X quests’’ and then topping that up to 3, getting 1 quest seems a bit odd - but just a suggestion.

Now that is NOT a bad idea!
If there was a little “news” tab or something on the launcher, that would be cool.

I believe the point is that you do not have to log in every day to do your quests. Something I find to be reasonable and very fair to people with other obligations. Should there maybe be more quests? Well, sure, why not. But not all of them. Two might actually be quite serviceable.
Unless I completely misunderstood your point.

I’m more asking for players to get their quests ‘‘topped off’’ instead of a quest added, since there’s a reroll in place - that way you won’t lose progress on quests you still want to finish and people that finish them all can still keep doing them the next day so it stays engaging for both types of players

1 Like

I feel like a goof now. Apparently you cannot claim rewards using a controller… lol

Just opened 22 crates, only 2 were emperor and ended up getting my first red weapon. Pick axe for dwarf!

1 Like

There needs to be more daily quests and should have different rewards for different difficulties

1 Like

Fair enough, I got pretty riled up - I apologize for the name calling and insults.

2 Likes

I think the daily quests could also get a bit more interresting.
like:

• Behead 50 enemys with the executioner sword.
  • Kill 20 Gas rats with the Hagbane shortbow.
  • Make 300 Boss damage with sieannas dagger.
  • Kill 10 CW’s with Krubers sword and shield.
  • Kill 15 Berserker with dual Axes.
  • Make 5000 damage with drakefire pistols.
  • Complete two Legend runs with the onehanded sword.
    and so on.
5 Likes

I want to play the game. Not focus on killing gas rats and praying noone steals them … Also that would make many Legend runs lost bcs ppl would have to use bad weapons and fail with them.

3 Likes

But they could improve the rewards based on difficulty you make the quest on. Getting pleb champion reward for completing the quest on legend feels wrong.

1 Like

truth is that is one nasty monster and not even in the WH universe, don’t mix it up with dungeon
:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a serious insult, my friend, so I expect you to back up your words.

But you won’t be able to, because this is the first time I said to someone in the face, that they are white-knighting. And this is you, my friend. In my opinion of all the people on the forum only you deserved to be said such a thing.

And notice this, I didn’t even call you an apologist or a white-knight, just basically said, that in my opinion you’re defending devs purely based on emotions and not logic. Yes, that’s still just my opinion, because I, again, I “can’t find logic in your posts”.

Yet you slender me and in a very insulting manner, and you present your words as an objective fact. There is no “I” or “my” in your slur, you don’t need those words, because you’re absolutely sure that what you say is true.

So what do you say? Will you find bravery to admit that you were wrong and apologize? Or will you yet again ignore all the given facts and put all your efforts to prove that you weren’t wrong?

Let’s turn away from fighting each other and get back on the subject of the OP. :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

feel free to read ^ next time

<3

1 Like

Good update with lots of fun stuff I love it. BUT I think the next patch should really address class balance. Huntsman kruber is still in a lousy state where he has literally only 1 viable build with halberd longbow/handgun and even then its abysmal now. I can only play a few games now with him before I get frustrated and close the game because a drake gun ironbreaker is doing the same amount of boss damage as me.

Huntsman is my most played by far so I’m obviously more concerned about him but the same goes for most careers. Theres 1 loadout and 1 item in each slot thats just vastly superior to everything else. I opened a veteran bolt staff last night and took it out for a few runs and was just bored and frustrated because its outclassed in every single department by beam staff. The kicker here though is that if beam staff were nerfed the game would become much harder for sienna in a negative arbitrary way. IMO a lot of things just need to be updated and brought to the same power level. There are numerous great suggestions of how to do that all over the forums here.

1 Like

Yes,best example being Activision-Blizzard, where loot boxes for overwatch have predetermined rolls the moment you acquire them so there is ZERO incentive to hoard loot boxes(unless you perceive hoarding boxes as a desired and intended game mechanic)

GGG had this thing in Path of Exile called “legacy items”- this mechanic prevented any changes on items already owned by players. This led to people having either extremely overpowered and thus expensive items or make them underpowered which led to discontent among players who bought them for a lot of currency just prior to the changes being announced. In the end GGG decided to ditch “legacy” and make all item changes retroactive, so no unfair situations like this arise, making item changes fluid and thus influencing the entire item economy while at the same time maintaining gameplay balance. Still, whatever “legacy” items existed- they did not change, simply because they became ultimately priceless.

IIRC right after launch or maybe in the pre-launch beta there was a limit to commendation chests- max level. So by your own argument here people who played then shouldn’t receive commendation chests at all after leveling up because change happens?

This. I’m not that concerned with item drops, I’m concerned how the company treats its customers. I know that as a community manager you feel like you’re working in a kindergarten, but even in kindergarten you’re not doing a good job if you don’t explain to kids why they have to go to sleep an hour earlier or why there’s no dessert today. Saying “it’s because I say so and you’re too little to understand” won’t get you any leeway with kids and it sure as hell won’t get you any leeway with customers. It’ll either lead to more questions which you don’t want to/won’t answer or to resentment.

expected that(wanted to say I called it, but I can’t find the post where I did)

also @Fatshark_Hedge say you guys botched(I’m not saying this out of ill will but from the experience so far)something in this patch that prevents people from getting chests or has their loot drop algorithm or whatever set to the one that was in the previous version. This situation goes on for months on end and eventually you fix it. Does that also excuses you from any fault due to “things changing”?

Like @Avar said, it’s not a matter of gain or compensation, it’s a matter of principle and fanbase treatment. The least you people could do is just apologize for all the mess which is entirely, 100% your fault, not the players. Unless you mean to say that we’re ungrateful and should be happy that we have the opportunity to play the game at all, because this is the vibe I’m getting out of you.

Lastly, I DO appreciate this patch and want to test it out soon,I see that some things that concerned me the most, like reducing the craft confirmation time, but that doesn’t mean FS regained my trust. I hope it will moving forward.

4 Likes

In that regard:

I like the new decor in the keep. Is it temporary as par of the event? Because that would be neat if the theme changed along with events.

I like the little room added to Convocation of Decay right before the elevator. It’s a welcome little area to get barrings before the symbol & door section.

Most notably, the gameplay just feels better now. Smoother. I can’t put my finger on why, because it’s likely some behind the scenes tweaks, but my friends and I noticed on our first mission since the update. It wasn’t a big eureka moment, but more of a “Hmm, does this feel a bit better to you guys.”

I’ll also make it known that, contrary to many, I really like the enemy spawn rates right now. I like how dynamic it is and I like having to always be on my toes when just walking, dealing with a horde, or fighting a boss.
I’ve always liked it in games when someone has to break off and deal with other things instead of just solely slapping a boss on the nipples until it falls over.
Sure, I’ve had some seemingly impossible situations, but it hasn’t stopped being fun.

This debate is always going to be 2 sides of the same coin. The 3 friends I played OW with stopped playing because they didn’t like how the loot in the boxes were determined upon acquisition.

I don’t see either way as right/wrong and don’t care how a dev team chooses to do it, but looking at it from a real world logical standpoint (which I often do): if you get a present on your birthday, the contents aren’t going to change whether you open it on the spot or 6 months later… provided it doesn’t have an expiry date.

This argument is probably the only one I’ve seen that doesn’t come off as whiny, pretentious and/or wanting-something-for-nothing-y and can easily be relatable in the real world. It’s the old trope about 1 person doing all the work for a group project and everyone else who didn’t contribute also reap the rewards.
If only points like this were the most prominent than maybe more of us would have jumped to that side of the fence sooner.

1 Like