[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.0.7 and 1.0.7.1

I’ve got another question to Fatshark. Are you going to bend over and enforce on us V1 hardcore melee fanboys elitists vision of this game or take a righteous stand and protect your original vision of V2 (ranged classes talents speak for themselves in this regard) and keep the gameplay diversity?

Some of these fanboys have already shown their true colours

and demand that only a melee party should be able to finish a level successfully and a full ranged party shouldn’t be able to do it.(quote)

Thank you.

LOl , fanboy, Elitist, Hardcore? and righteous! what happened you forget nazi?

i ask because FS have said multiple times this is meant to be a melee focused game for eg…

and the balance tweaks have included some nudges this way but its a mile off right now and this last round had nothing that helped in this regard. and there is a contradiction in where this game is headed in what they have said is their vision and what people like you have interpreted the current meta to be the vision.

i don’t want to break ranged i just want it to be balanced and for it to be possible to play a melee class and have something fun to do in a mission.

and yes i do actually think a pure ranged group should be incapable of completing a level , at some point someone should really have to take out a melee weapon or really what is the point of them existing? ranged is safe, higher damage hits more targets has a higher uptime. if you cant see how that’s broken its because you just dont want to.

1 Like

I have said it before, I will repeat it once more: this can be fixed in an instant, by limiting 2 ranged careers per group.

Every class is a ranged class, excepting slayer.

A nice patch overall and an interesting change to Falchion-Flail. After some testing on zealot both weapons feel more specialized in their own role.

Sure, mate.

You could play every class as ranged excepting slayer, but if they would be effective in that role stands on the other paper

You could also jump from a 30 story building, but is that a good idea though?

Artificially limiting team composition? Terrible idea, that would elongate the wait times for the subjected classes and make team compositions even more predictable.

Thats what i meant xD

It’s either this, or ranged combat nerf. And I don’t think it will increase waiting time. I’ve never played in a 4-man ranged party, and I have only played in a 3-ranged party only several times. Usually it’s exactly 2 melee 2 ranges somehow.

But yet again, this doesn’t matter, because there is big dilemma, which I explained here, and that’s the only solution to it.

So you were supporting me. Oh, ok. Thanks, i guess. :smile:

I’d rather prefer they keep tweaking dmg/talents/ammo count in small steps until they feel to be in a good spot. Honestly after 1.05 the ranged is no longer such a bug issue.

1 Like

Ok, I do not intend to persuade you, but mind my word: a dilemma is called so for a reason.

I’d rather they nerfed a very small and very vocal minority of V1 hardcore melee elitists fanboys (who don’t even hide their hatred for ranged combat, see my quote above) who want to ruin the original Fatshark’s vision of V2 and turn this game into a melee circle jerk paradise with 300 players online overall like the first game was.

1 Like

You sound very bitter and resentful. Can you please show-view us on this skaven-doll where did the melee touch touch you?

2 Likes

I dont get the point of this argument tbh ^^" - i mostly play Ranged characters (Huntsman etc.) i never had a problem with him, or my group - am i missing the whole point here ? °-°
To be fair, i mostly play with my friends and we wanted that the Huntsman only stands behind and picks of the annoying enemys - Chaos champ, hooks rats, Fatboi sorcerer etc. while the rest kills the hordes :smiley:

Not really a complaint, but I would like to contest that game is getting nerfed.

Before 1.0.7 I used to be able to take my bots and complete Champion difficulty. After 1.0.7 I can barely finish 1 in 10 on Champion… veteran is WAY too easy, and Champion is WAY too hard for me (YES I mean for me).

Please understand before you start peppering me with “Wow you’re bad” and “Man, get better”, I will admit that I am no “J_Sat” that pulls solo runs on legendary with a cheese grater just for the hell of it, and I do not claim this is the same for everyone, but compared to how game has been for me before, to what it is now. That they should have made the game easier or nerfed the game, I just cannot get that feel. Game just keeps getting harder and harder.

Please consider as well, that I’ve been quite used to finishing champion runs with bot backup only no problem, and now I get 1-2 monsters per run, instead of 0-1 before, and they are harder to tackle, or its the combination of horde/specials/elites/monsters.

Edit:

All this is meant for Champion difficulty.

But nothing really changed that should have made this the case. Did you experience a fundamental change in Champion/Legend from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7? Most importantly, has your spawn rate in champion gone up dramatically after the patch? Some of us have experienced double or triple the number of spawns in every category following patches. Could just be another case of the loldirector being on the fritz.

The slayer is himself a ranged weapon :smile:

2 Likes

I feel like patrols are a bit out of control. Their pathing has changed, right? Not only spawn distance. It will be a little learning expirience for some time. But it feels wrong in some cases. I’ve been hit by patrol on Empire in Flames cart-blow-stuff-up event at the end of the level. I’m pretty shure that should not have happened. Is that intentional?