When I try to launch the game via Steam i get an error message:
“The program couldn’t start correctly (…). Click OK to close it.”
and then I get this:
- Running Windows 10 64 bit
- Geforce 1060 Strix 6GB
I’ve done the following:
- Installed the anti cheat software manually from within the game’s folder
- Made sure I have .NET and DirectX up to date
- Updated my graphics drivers to the newest (Geforce Game Ready 399.24)
- Tried both the DirectX 11 + 12 versions
- Copied the “C:\Users<name>\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2” from a previous Windows installation where the game worked
- On first launch I noticed that Steam only installed 1 prerequisite and it only took a split second
- Rolled back to a previous Geforce driver (doing a clean installation), testing, and updating to the newest driver again cleanly. No change.
As far as I can tell the error 0xc0000142 indicates missing system files. My suspicion is that I might be missing some runtimes libraries or something, but I can’t find any info on what runtimes the game uses.
vermintide2_launcher.log (13.3 KB)