Crash on game launch

I can’t launch a game on the Official Realm without seeing a pair of errors. I can launch the game normally in Modded Realm, fwiw

The first error is “vermintide2.exe - Application Error” - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).

The second error is “Easy Anti-Cheat” - Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\windows.storage.dll)

The crash report is as follows:

GUID: 3276b904-e890-45f9-a0cf-dab69b761b3a
Log File:
Info Type:

I have tried a number of solutions to no avail. This includes uninstalling/reinstalling the game fresh, repairing Easy Anti-Cheat, and running with and without mods. Please advise, as I would love to play the game. Thanks.

Please see: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021232794--PC-How-to-resolve-Untrusted-System-File-errors

Thanks for the reply. I have followed the provided instructions beginning to end with no success. I ran a google search on the DLL in question, seems like a Windows-related dll. I can’t interact with it directly (i.e. replace it).

That’s unfortunate! Could you try scanning your drive for errors?:

1. Navigate to ‘This PC’ (or ‘My Computer’)
  2. Right-click your drive
  3. Select the ‘Tools’ tab
  4. Under ‘Error checking’, select ‘Check’
  5. A “You don’t need to scan this drive” notification may pop up if on Windows 8/10. Proceed with the scan anyway by selecting ‘Scan Drive’

I followed your steps and scanned all four of my hard drives. None of them came up with any errors, but it unfortunately didn’t resolve my issue. I am preparing to reinstall Windows 10, but if you have any other suggestions I am all ears. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.