Patch #5

You’re definitely missing two zeroes, because usually I see people give 100-300 hours for a possibly good amount of time to reach the point where itemisation effectively ends and then you can get what you want out of the itemisation almost immediately. Perhaps you were conflating the get anything immediately with the total time it takes to reach that point?

For a lot of people including me, experimentation and item variety does a lot more for game longevity than slamming our heads against an unyielding RNG wall.

4 Likes

Oh, so you just misunderstood me, what do you think the “h” in “1-3h hours” stands for? The h stands for hundred. Don’t tell me you think I say people want the itemization to end after just 1-3 hours.

I’m saying that almost no one has said 1-3 hours.

3 Likes

I have seen literally zero people make this claim.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, I have never seen that notation before. That’s probably where that part of the misunderstanding is coming from.

2 Likes

I’ll put 0-s instead next time.

Maybe because h is ISO unit for hour… I think he is slightly trolling.

2 Likes

Crafting is still useless for experimenting, options still get looked without any acceptable reason despite to frustrate the player, gear progressing feels horrendous due to it basically being impossible.
Why make your products flawed on purpose without any kind of non-tonedeaf reaction/interaction with the community by people who are actually responsible for game design decisions that are, for all intents and purposes, objectivly wrong? Map choices, parameters, actual scoreboard,…

Seriously, someone needs to come forward and explain him or herself, no corpospeak, simply standing up ones mistakes, mending them and then we all can go forward together. FS just needs to do the first step and be better than the worlds Blizzards, EAs and Ubisofts.

4 Likes

And I am going to be a millionaire* one day!

• In terms of the purchasing power of 1 million pounds at the time of William the Conqueror.
1 Like

This is an excellent suggestion. It’s clear huge mistakes were made, systems completely alien to any kind of acceptable standard were created, something entirely hostile and disgusting to paying customers must have been the intent behind all of it.

Fair enough, but we’re still here on the forums, because in the middle of all that, someone managed to plant an outstandingly fun 40k adaptation of already golden 'Tide gameplay. So please Fatshark, come clean, and we’ll move onwards together.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be the day. Doing something like this will say more than “We are listening to your feedback” ever could.

And I wish more developers would just come out and STATE their intent to double down on design choices. Like, seriously, Fatshark. Are you ever going to make ANY FUNDAMENTAL changes to the crafting system and give players what they want? Save us both some time and me my money so I can move on already. (facetious)

4 Likes

That would be nice either way.

1.) “We heard a majority of you want less RNG and better systems outside game play. We will do X,y, and Z to achieve this.”

2.) “We stand behind our design intents and want the game to go in this direction for reasons X, y, and z.”

If 1, great, I can play when it’s implemented assuming it fixes it.
If 2, great, I can never look at the forums for darktide, unfollow, and ignore, and remove the game from my steam library.

7 Likes

just gonna have to wait another week or two to find out

1 Like

Having seen this vid (thanks for posting it!) I feel my mind’s been changed. Flamer I knew was strong, but I didn’t realise it was that strong. A slight nerf would be justified then, just not to the point it feels underpowered against regular mobs. Perhaps a nerf to its damage versus Unyielding units only will help?

1 Like