Patch #17 Notes - Live Now!

I hoped for some major balance changes but…

Just these three are enough for me to come back and spread some more love on ebola vet. Maybe my teams on average will hate me less for popping it in every doorway.

I’m also looking forward to trying the power sword changes. At first glance, it seems to be a nerf to hordeclear light spam, but could potentially make the weapon more interesting and useful in some other ways… or at least I hope so.

This is literally…just a software patch, bug fixing, no content updates. Nothing new.

I guess they fiddled with the Krieg veteran skin…again, nevermind that it’s still just…bad.

Since the October class update we’ve basically just gotten the Orthus offensive and some shovels as new content, 5 months now, nearly a third of the game’s release lifespan. About the most exciting thing here is…some audio fixes and Power Sword fiddling.

Nothing related to itemization and crafting, nothing addressing any of the issues causing players to leave in droves. It’s literally just…minor bug fixes.

Fatshark, I know for most of you it’s still “barely been a month since most of you got back from vacation”, but this is why Helldivers II has 70x as many active players as your product while Darktide bleeds users month over month.

5 Likes

I really thought this was a feature to reward the better players who can time things like this… lmao

i dont think anything else is worth mentioning. still waiting for that Dev Diary / Community Update

1 Like

Good stuff.

1 Like

cheers on the good work.
hope the new year has been kind to ya.

Almost like engaging with the community and giving them lots of stuff produces rewards, huh.

Look, lets be real - most ‘gamers’ are here for the spectacle. So long as there’s something new every month to get the neurotransmitters flowing they’ll shell out hundreds.

I want to add to this:
If you (@FatsharkStrawHat and @team) really feel that the feedback you get from posting updates and such is too much or too unconstructively negative or something, you can always opt to ignore it. Know that the majority appreciates regular updates, even if they don’t comment on it or only give short-form commentary.

Dota 2 for instance has always event announcements and such, without a dev responding to the actual comments. They just dump their announcement in the news section and are done with it, knowing endless amounts of (unwarranted Steam-) vitriol will swarm in. Nevertheless, they know it’s appreciated.
Other example: On YouTube there is countless of creators who put out quality content and just have the comments turned off.

There is no necessity to engage with the comments in a forum or discord channel. And neither is there a need to placate everyone with everything at all times. But putting out what you want to put out will be appreciated by a lot of people regardless. I know you fishtank enthusiasts have a lot of love for this IP.
And I promise, it also changes some of the attitude towards this game long-term.

Remember when Catfish would do bi-weekly updates? We know it’s a lot of work and consumes a lot of energy. But during that time I could have sworn I saw a lot more favorable replies to the updates you posted.
Doesn’t have to be bi-weekly either. A short update once a month for instance would be also great.

8 Likes

you dont know that…

More like people prefer to have some schedule in GaaS, predictability and confidence.

Free to play game tho

Trying to make a positive change like…

WWE McMahon Laughter

But then I get a comment notification

WWE McMahon surprised

WWE Blaming You

6 Likes

Bad change on the Daemonhost. If anything, they should be buffed on Damnation/Auric, not nerfed across all difficulties. Chaos Spawn right now is scarier than Daemonhost, unless you are the only person left alive. This shouldn’t be the case.

I can see now why they didn’t sent out any comms…this update was barely an update, a glorified hotfix. Sigh…like what even is the plan with the game this year? Are they going to stop updating it or? What exactly?

3 Likes

If you’re reported for that you’ll be banned, not like you care you internet tough guy.

meh

1 Like

[Surge not work on trauma staff]

Still not fixed. When?

This patch is worthwhile.

Dev notes are good, including them as disclaimers or thought process clarification is a plus.

Hopefully the coming patches will be including more changes the community has been asking.

6 Likes

I am gonna be honest - as a patch, this is good. Nothing really bad to say about it.

I want to see more patches, more changes, more content, backed by communication.

17 Likes

Wholeheartedly agreed.

2 Likes

ok

5 Likes

Classic Fatshark patch. Shooter knockback isn’t actually changed, the change was only implemented to the Psykharium. Sound still messy, now it’s elites turn to be silent, and I just got a silent trapper again anyways. Seems like they reverted something about the dogs too, so those are messy to melee again.

So out of the 2 highly relevant fixes they made, both aren’t really working, and they introduced a third problem.