Original Purchaser Vs Newcomer discount (Xbox gets huge pile of Aquilla with purchase)

I just kinda want to vent the bad feeling i get seeing the game being 50% off now when the new classes hit and it feels like a more complete game, when I purchased at full price trying to support Fatshark and the future of the game.

I understand it has been a year but overall it just feels bad to me.

Is there any chance of early supporters maybe getting a few aquilla or something since we have been around for the hard parts of launch?

Anyway just kinda needed to vent this. Im glad the game seems to be having a resurgence.

39 Likes

@FatsharkCatfish Hello, so to add to this i just stumbled upon The Darktide store page on Xbox and it seems if they purchase the base game they get 9300 aquillas and the imperial edition gets 14000, Is that correct?

This would be greatly appreciated to the PC community as well especially with my above post in mind.

23 Likes

14000 WTH?!! what are we the PC players, some ffing peasants or something?
If this is true then this is not a slap in the face but a kick in the balls for the players supporting this game from beta and bought the special edition as well.

I’d appreciate some clarification from Fatshark tbh.

21 Likes

You know what feels really bad.

I bought Imperial edition on PC, because I liked Vermintide and 40K, only to get screwed over by bad server connection and a horrible grind. Penances that are still bugged for me, locking me out of earning the cosmetics, while they kept updating the cash store before trying to fix the game. And now they update with a good overhaul, only to give xbox players over $30 dollars of aquilas for free with the base game, and another $60 for Imperial edition, while simultaneously raising the price of the cosmetic bundles to a price where those who saved their 2500 aquilas on PC cant even afford. The worst part is they do this with a 40K fan favorite, kriegsman. Xbox players who buy the same version of the game as me get almost $90 of cash shop money, enough to buy the kriegsman outfit for all 4 classes and a better version of the game than I did when I bought Darktide

23 Likes

Not quite 14000. Its 9300 for those who buy the base game, and then another 14000 with imperial edition on top of the 2500 it already gave. So those who buy Imperial on xbox can get a total of 25800

3 Likes

Wtf seriously? PC players really got shafted man, this sucks.

4 Likes

and all of this on the same day that Ghostship games decides to announces that they are basically dropping DRG for some spinoff games, some game that looks like a mobile game ad and a board game

so for me thats 2 games that could have been really good kicking me in the balls for liking them

4 Likes

If true then this is pretty much the lamest thing I have seen a studio do to it’s players…

6 Likes

We still got the better performance and playing without awkward controllers.

I will admit, though… 25800 Aquilas… That’s a lot of extra currency as bait to buy into the terrible version.
Fatshark is going fishing.

2 Likes

I think the PC community should get something akin to this. That is a crazy amount of Aquilla

9 Likes

Wait…why is Xbox getting 14,000 aquilla? PC essentially beta tested an early access game through the worst parts of it and we get snuffed?

I’m glad Xbox gets a good deal but I’m actually quite mad that we just get shafted like that. What?

13 Likes

We’re the free extended beta-testers

6 Likes

Pretty sure most of us paid at least $40 for what turned out to be an opportunity to beta test the game for a year. Only thing free here is the QA hours FS got out of us.

5 Likes

This stings, and hearing it on the same day they upped the price of bundles to coincide with the Krieg bundles, which are poorly done, is really annoying. I won’t hold out hope we’ll get parity on this, as we on PC have already bought the game, why give us anything for free? Really leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

8 Likes

Huh? An extra 14 THOUSAND Aquilas?

Jesus, it’s real. This is actually pretty insulting to both those who pre-ordered and didn’t refund as well as those who stuck with the game all this time.

While the game has made an upward turn with the latest patch. This kind of approach just reinforces the fact that you should NEVER buy a Fatshark game at launch. I know I certainly won’t be touching any of their releases going forward until at least a year passes.

26 Likes

14,000Aq is like EDIT: $50-$70USD. Didn’t PC pre orders get the equivalent of like $15 in Aq?

After this I’m never buying a Fatshark game again lmao

11 Likes

This is such a massive slap in the face of the dedicated playerbase that kept afloat the soulless carcass that was the game before this update. We paid with our money and time for an open beta and as a thank you we have absolutely nothing, not even what the new Xbox players are getting

11 Likes

hey don’t worry, we got a very cool beta helmet. That counts for at least 13,000 aquila, right?

11 Likes

I really enjoyed Vermin-tide and i really want this game to be successful but I dont think i would ever buy Aquilla now knowing id have to pay 60 dollars to get the 4 krieg outfits, after paying full price for the game with imperial edition.

I understand they still need to draw income from aquilla but id be way more inclined to buy more later if we got the same or near same bundles as a goodwill gesture for our support from the beginning.

3 Likes

we got 2500 if we bought the imperial edition. Edit: and its about 30 dollars for 7000 in the US, The over 60 dollars was in reference to the 14000