Ogryn "Bombs Away!" talent should be base-kit

I have only so far seen 4 enemies with that armor type, 2 of which it is abysmally small to hit their armor and 2 its rather easy. The grenades it spawns dont do decent damage to those targets, so they are only good for clearing a horde.
But what is also good at clearing the horde? the bleed stack talent. And for those you dont need one of 4 specific enemies nor need to sacrifice your grenade and its always there as long as you do heavy attacks.

The “Bombs Away!” talent really should be merged into his base-kit, so whenever his box hits something (enemy or a wall) the grenades pop out. Its a neat buff for an grenade that has barely any use outside of “some instant boss damage” beyond difficulty 3. Even on difficulty 3 the box struggles to kill the ogryn elites, and it cant even kill an armored rager (and that just barely).

The grenade as a whole feels very underwhelming, it needs either a full rework or just be way way way better at the niche it is supposed to be good at.

6 Likes

Pretty much this and fully agreed.

The grenade is excessively niche and underwhelming and boring, but they still call it an “ability” (even though we realistically only got 1 ability).

There is no instance where I would ever want to take the grenade talent, ever, and the Ogryns talent kit is already the weakest of the bunch of the other classes.

The Ogryn grenade box is of a higher skill level compared to the other grenades, which are rather easy compared to it.

I would not mind seeing the base Grenade Box have a chance (per grenade) to explode randomly on impact, regardless of it hitting a brick wall or the intended target.

As for the feat, well, if it would also increase the grenade box supplies by one, it might become somewhat more interesting compared to the other two feat options which are available.

ya know… they also could give the player the option to use a Frag Bomb instead of “lol, box toss!”.

Frag bombs are:

1. Larger versions of what the Veteran uses and
  2. THEIR TT GRENADES!