A Few Thoughts on Ogryn's Gameplay and Kit

So, I have been Ogryn since the start of the open-beta; and there a few things that I see posted on the forums that resonate fairly well with my own experience with him. I am level 16 with the Ogryn, here are some of my takes on some of his kit:

Big Box of Hurt (Ogryn’s blitz): This blitz just does not see much use in my gameplay, primarily because I only have one and it is reserved for those bigger targets. However, I think that its damage is lacking considering that you only get one charge. I have seen one other person recommend that “Bombs Away!” be baselines and replace the talent with something else, like making the blitz trigger on smaller enemies.

Bombs Away!: This ability just does not feel that it has a valid place. It made for CC; but falls short as many horde engagements lack opponents necessary to trigger the effect and, in my experience, the effect can be inconsistent as to when it triggers.

Smash’em Good!: Perhaps I just lack understanding here; but this ability seems a bit underwhelming and it does not seem like it would work well for its intended purpose. I figure that its use is for the bigger enemies; however, I often find that those a far more manageable toughness-wise than horde fights. Furthermore, if you have to fight a big enemy while fighting a horde, I do not think that there would be a way to effectively trigger this talent as you would be surrounded by mobs of enemies on top of the bigger enemies.

Lastly, I wanted to touch on a few of the guns that I currently use:

The single-use shotgun: It feels a tad underwhelming seeing it only has one shot, after testing it in the meat grinder. It really lacks the damage and impact that I expected of the gun considering its drawbacks.

The ripper gun: Overall, this thing feels powerful; however, the reload and alternative fire mode feel clunky. The reload appears to slow you down, which does not feel good in the middle of a fight or in general. The same issue applies to the alternative fire; however, it seems sensible considering you’re exchanging movement speed for firepower.

1 Like