Numbers of disablers spawn when u are alone fighting boss-horde

definition: recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type.

some of them aren’t similar,they’re exactly the same.

I’m just bitter that it is like that. First I heard of talents they sounded exciting.Now they’re just “oh”.

I like the unchained stamina regen on charged attack, but it’s the same as IB’s. Most of the talents don’t feel unique. Even the lvl 25 all have a “decreased cd”.

Still they’re unique to the career. I think no career of the same character has the same talents, except for level 20 and some on level 25.

Unique to the career is not enough for me. I get SOME could overlap between characters, but the wasted potential on these just grinds my gears.

:smile:

Sorry, creating 60 truly unique talents takes a lot of time and is really hard.

They could always copy some from other games or put more(there’s already a lot,but more could be done with them) related to P&P and lore.

time that would delay the release of a completely finished

well polished,bug-free game.

amirite?

Not really, cause putting together other stuff is not that much easier than coming up with yours

Also we don’t know their reasons for pushing half-finished game. Maybe they had no choice.

But you’re right that this game is neither polished, nor bug-free. Though I never denied that.

1 Like

So fatshark remains incompetent on that topic. Unsurprising and unwelcome.

I think losing all your tomes and grimoires is a big enough punishment. You’re already going to be clearing your stage for crap all rewards. The level of effort to pull off a comeback when you’re faffing about as a Slayer is astronomical. Especially because of this patches tendency to spawn Gutter Runners within pouncing range, and so you can SEE them before you can hear their announcement that they’re here.

And while this is getting off topic, I’d rather they just make the announcement that they’re here from the location that they’re at as opposed to all around if fatshark is going to put them in situations where you can get pounced on before you even hear their chittering.

3 Likes

Look on the bright side. If you’re able to clutch that shite, you’ll feel like a god.

Have had gutter runners spawn point blank mid-pounce. Basically unavoidable unless utterly preempted.

For those with a short memory, this kind of thing happened all the time in L4D2. A smoker, jockey, spitter and charger all came at the same time as a horde while you’re running along the roller coaster trying to rescue 3 downed teammates or run like hell for the saferoom. Smokers in particular often spawned and insta-grabbed people. The only saving grace was the ranged game in L4D2 meant you could kill them quicker. VT2 isn’t any worse than L4D2 when it comes to idiot spawn of specials, but it is much harder in VT2 because you can’t machine gun the hell out of them. Removing the ranged meta will only make the special spawnings seem even harder in VT2.

[disclaimer] I’m not talking about silent spawns, or things spawning in your pocket in VT2, or other bugs - just the frequency of the specials ins’t anything new to VT2.

1 Like

That’s very manipulative. First of all, boss fights are most likely to happen before you get all the tomes and grims. Moreover, on absolute majority of maps the last boss spawn point comes before some of the books locations. So there is no way to lose all of them

Secondly, again, on majority of maps you can go back for books after reviving your mates.

Thirdly, even under super rare circumstances, if none of that is true, you can still carry 1 tome with you, and there is a 50% chance that you’re having a grimoire, probably more, cause good players, that are capable of soloing a boss, tend to pick them up.

But yes, I think that losing some of your tomes and grims is a good enough punishment, and I think, and I also said that in a previous sentence, that the last man standing shouldn’t be thrown groups of disabler specials at their face. But somehow you missed that part.

1 Like

[quote=“NikKotovski, post:32, topic:23515”]
First […] Secondly […][/quote]
To begin with, obviously that’s hyperbole. One person still being alive by definition will at least still have access to 1t or 1t1g.
Secondly, there a larger number of maps that don’t allow book based backtracking for at least 1 or more boss locations because ally spawn locations in over half of the maps (depending on boss spawn location) tend to be past drop points.
Next, there’s no “good” scale that dictates if you’re taking that book. If we’re talking about pubs, it depends on the composition and who gets to it first. If we’re talking about premades, it depends on which of your allies you trust the most to not die which only matters because of the following. Deaths during boss waves can come from a number of things that exclude “not being skilled enough”

Lastly

You said this as well.

Your stance on specials was dictated quite clearly during the closing statement of your post. And for the rest of this thread you talked about talents. Given that your post was edited, it can be reasonably assumed that you added that last statement after the fact. So try not to get snippy when somebody voices a differing opinion based on your latest stance of an alleged non-issue.

Cool, now people are making assumptions about me and my thoughts purely based on the fact, that my post was edited. I’ve seen a lot of kinds of assumptions, people used to put words into my mouth here and there, but that’s something new! :+1:

Btw, if you’re interested, I made this update for one and for one reason only - to prevent this:

Funny enough, even thorough voicing of my opinion didn’t help.

Btw, did you think of another reason, why shouldn’t lone survivors be treated any special? The answer is: solo-players. Noticeable amount of people like to beat this game solo, and it might a) remove the challenge for them b) make farming levels solo more beneficial.

i saw a lot of solo runs end up with 0 or 1 disabler all game-map(the question is how many times they did to get that favorite specials spawns)
but yeah lesson learn if all my team die on boss-horde i will just quit(ofc if im not host) and move on. because i will not waste time-effort for a clutch that end up with 4 disablers spawn

[snip]
Nah nevermind. I’m getting off topic.

Yeah, that bugs me too. Every time I am one versus the world, it’s instant 2 assasins, leech and packmaster. j_sat solo shading? NP, enjoy those globadiers, flamerats and rattling gunners.

That’s rational, but you should beat this situation at least once, for personal achievement you know.

1 Like

u got the point. but still waste of time. even host-others players say “just die, dont waste time or host just rage quit”

Yeah it is a serious problem. One person goes down the director tends to spawn another 2-3 specials immediately to try and bury you. If another goes down it just goes horribly.

I really don’t like this and don’t recall anything like this being the case in Left 4 Dead. In Left 4 Dead it seemed like the director increased/decreased the difficulty enough to keep you stressed and active but not enough that it seemed like it was trying to wipe you every time you made a mistake. If you were near a wipe it would ease off the spawns a bit to give you a chance to recover, not spawn twice as much junk to ensure you do wipe.

2 Likes