Nov24 2022 still taking health damage when full on thoughness

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
when hit by melee attacks on any difficulty and while toughness is full, health damage is taken. this is an ongoing problem from the update on the 22nd of Nov. this makes toughness pointless. it makes the games at lower levels a punishment. makes playing as a casual player a punishment at low levels. makes the Zealot unable to play as perks and abilities intend at higher levels as it is too hard and not worth playing. this makes grimoir matches harder than the next difficulty up as you take infected damage that creeps down with every missed hit. you can be downed with low health and max toughness from a single hit. also when it in melee you get an anyying loud glass shattering noise the same as the one you get when your toughness is reduced to zero. this makes this game broken. seeing as how krappy this feels and the continueing glass shattering noise with every hit, i can only assume it is a bug, if not i will be happy to full refund before the games releases. however i am every hopeful that fatshark wont make this mistake again. this happened for a short while in vermintide 2 and was found unfun an awful and then removed again and for good reason.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play any match at any difficulty as any class and get hit by any unit with a melee attack. it is most noticable when hit in melee by any unit that isnt a special. as every hit with axe, sword, club, pipe, or other weapons makes this sound and does health damage.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
all

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID: 76561197966111106

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/24/2022, 09:00AM Pacific time

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names

console-2022-11-24-16.41.08-6e7025d2-32bd-4bf1-91ef-5aa1fd0b399d.log (258.7 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory

darktide_launcher.log (976.4 KB)

This is actually intended - Check the Dev’s explanation of it here - 1.0.7 Update - Expanded Patch Notes (Balance & Tweaks) - #55 by Ratherdone

It seems like the bug is actually that the tutorial gives you incorrect information

1 Like

oh man. thanks for linking it. that feels like a kick in the gut. frustrating.

I agree. Overly complicated and non-intuitive. I’d rather that the shield mechanic actually acts like a shield.

2 Likes