Toughness still bugged

PLEASE POST CRASHES AND ERRORS IN THE ‘TECHNICAL SUPPORT’ CATEGORY INSTEAD

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
toughness is still ignored when calculating damage: even as ranger, i need over the default maximum to notice any difference whatsoever. I can be at 150 toughness, and a mauler attack will down me in one hit
Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]
play game, lose 10 points of toughness, large percentage of melee damage ignores toughness

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Navigate to the medical station before Burnside
  3. Crouch-slide into the dumpster next to the blue and white Tertium sign
  4. Get stuck

Mission Name (If Applicable): all of them

Platform: steam
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

**Player ID:**Lagasarus Rex
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
12/07/2022, 2:48/PM] [eastern
Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
constant

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

I hereby conform that Thoughness is still bugged.
Class: Veteran.
Thoughness: 253

Anything with enough alpha-damage, like a Pox-Buster, kills me on a blink. Sometimes, with low health, but full toughness, I don’t even know what killed me - a grenade (my own?), a backstabb, a fart from the friendly Ogryn next to me…

Please get this done.

These two issues don’t seem to be bugs.

For OP, you need to have 100% toughness for melee damage to not bleed through, not over 100. In your example, you said you had 150 toughness as Veteran but base Veteran toughness is 200 - you had less than the max and thus damage can bleed through.

For Valerius, Poxbursters apply Curse on hit, how much depends on the difficulty and on how bad the hit was but that can sometimes lead to an instant death regardless of toughness.

That said, we HAVE seen some issues with toughness and are investigating, but these examples don’t seem to be it.