New Skill Up Video With new Footage

2 Likes

Well, the gameplay videos arent surprising anymore. If you have seen one you have most likely seen many others, i doubt there is much new content to watch.

Though, its the first time i saw the UI and i am not keen on those colourful signs used to show where the other characters are. Its rather immersion breaking. We didnt need that in Vermintide, the simple option to outline characters should suffice, like it did in Vermintide. I hope those are just placeholders or can at least be turned off in the menu. I really wouldnt like have them floating around all the time, looks too much like a rainbow in a grim dark environment.

2 Likes

One thing I wish this game would have, in other places than just the hub, is 3rd person OPTION. Having played Vermintide 1 and 2 and I just cannot handle the 1st person view. I get super motion sick and I have not been able to play these games at all :frowning:

Its certainly bad for you not being able to play because of motion sickness, but i can be certain that third person wont be in the game. Not being able to see what is behind you is a crucial factor for this game.

3 Likes

I mean the camera should not be miles away from the character, you can make this really shitty or well

i don’t see any reason for fatshark to even consider it, afterall their biggest selling point is the weapon feeling the heft and impact, that generates the satisfaction playing vermintide.
3rd person view would lose lots of it and overall theres little demand for it

1 Like

theppekausen
Though, its the first time i saw the UI and i am not keen on those colourful signs used to show where the other characters are. Its rather immersion breaking. We didnt need that in Vermintide, the simple option to outline characters should suffice, like it did in Vermintide. I hope those are just placeholders or can at least be turned off in the menu.

Yes, I’m also a little surprised. These little colorful tags don’t really convey any important information from what I can see. They just jump incessantly from the left side of the screen to the right side depending on the position of your teammates. That’s not gonna help me avoid friendly fire if they’re hugging my arse and someone starts shooting. It would be more readable if these tags could travel in an oval shape around the screen, instead of just the left or right side.

1 Like

In some of the earlier footage, they showed what looked like an x-ray scan of our allies when we targeted close to them and they were obscured by walls or enemies. This would be reminiscent of the green outlines that could be toggled on, off, or sometimes in VT2. Other footage doesn’t show it, however, so maybe it is just toggleable or perhaps they are still working on it and the little identity flags are something they’re trying out instead.

I’d prefer if they kept the bio-scan look. It looks good and is internal to the game, explainable by in-universe stuff rather than immersion breaking. It’s also less target obscuring. A big complaint in my VT2 playgroup is the shield icons that pop up to denote an objective or occasionally a grabbed ally can block a critical shot against a special forcing you to fire blind. I much prefer transparent markers over that.

3 Likes

yeah I think it is the new green outline