Need loot for Cataclysm

Dear Fatshark!

Why still not loot for Cata??
Need new color class weapons with 3 properties and 2 traits or 4 properties and 1 trait or something. And special nice skins like in wave mod.
What’s the point of playing cataclysm when there is no loot,reward?

2 Likes

For the challenge!

While I’m neutral about Cata loot at this point, making equipment have more properties and traits with stats above the red would trivialize Cata a bit. Just one trait changes how the game feels and works.

No problems with reward skins though.

6 Likes

The problem with giving cata loot is that it will become the current legend, players just playing for loot. Giving loot to cata would make the dlc’s sell more and have more players in cata, but i feel like it would ‘kill’ the difficulty a bit, i feel like there are other ways to get more players into cata without giving loot to it.

And cata from my experience is quite friendly, i encounter way more toxic players in legend and i feel like that might be because of loot and players playing above their difficulty.

3 Likes

No motivation now to play on cata.

1 Like

So what’s the point of suffering wit Cata?
You get the same things on Legend or champion much easier.

With +1-2 propertise or traits it will not be trivial the cataclysm.

It’s about impossible to win with random players on Cata. Just look the lobby lists. There are only maximum 2-3 Cata lobbies usually.

Yes let’s do this, and everytime someone says: “CaTaClYsM iS wAy ToO hArD, pLs NeRv” we up the numbers of enemy stats by 1% (atleast) :kissing_heart: sarcasm off

Btw. there are several topics like this, no need for more tbh. :sleeping:
If you wanna create a post, use search for similar topics first… maybe… next time :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’ve won multiple games with randoms, it’s doable.

Yes, properties and traits do change the game. Imagine playing cata without hitting breakpoints or playing without barkskin or swift slaying, or all the like.

The issue for cata isn’t the lack of loot, I feel, in terms of low playerbase; the problem is it’s paywalled. Most people in Cata don’t need loot, and are not there for loot. They are there because they bought WoM and legend is too easy for them (in general).

5 Likes

I pretty much exclusively QP cata, though I agree it sucks there not being many lobbies (particularly in my region). It’s very doable with randoms, though a little less consistent now that BW isn’t so busted.

No.

People wanted Cata to be purely about the challenge so leave it as it is. Fatshark can keep their pay walled difficulty mode in their terrible expansion that so few people play due to being pay walled by said terrible expansion.

1 Like

No

Sorry but absolutely no and this is from someone that plays Legend…

Cata should be for achievements / challenge for the players that need a higher difficulty only. You are talking about a game mode that is targeted at a very small % of the player-base. There is absolutely no reason to reward them further.

2 Likes

Did they? I don’t really recall much dislike of the idea, outside people not wanting to just be the new legend.

I think the lack of rewards and the fact that cata isn’t something so insanely hard that you need to grind at it kind of leaves it in an awkward spot myself. It’s kind of just a difficulty I run if I see a pub I recognise already running it at this point, it’s not really a challenge mode or just worth grinding like legend is.

Skins would work as a good compromise, I think.

No they wouldn’t work, cata is optional just for fun of challenge. IF you throw any grindable reward you will just make cata annoying because ppl that are not ready for it will be there only to be carried

2 Likes

right, but this is already the case with borders and it’s not an issue. I don’t believe it’s an issue at all in any content honestly, there’s no way anyone can confidently say whether someone is trying to intentionally get carried in legend or just isn’t very good yet.

as it is now where I am, cata is just waiting for ages or playing with bots for less reward. it’s not hard enough to be worth doing with a premade, but there’s also not much point to trying to do it in pubs when it takes so long to find lobbies.

I’d rather just turn on twitch mode, tbh. Better rewards, more players in the content and you can scale the difficulty well enough on your own. Cata is better made, but there’s too many downsides to doing it currently.

2 Likes

Yes part of community wanted a pure challenge mode while reward gatherers wanted more rewards. It was discussed frequently prior to Cataclysms introduction, I’m glad they went with same reward level but sad a paywall was involved.

More stats would introduce a power creep that would trickle down to lower difficulties and make the game less challenging overall. If you advocate rewards they should be cosmetic but even those encourage players to play for reasons beyond their ability and for the challenge.

Also wished Cata went with smarter enemies and game patterns rather then just beefing up hp, numbers and attack damage.

1 Like

I saw a few people here talking about it, but no real backlash when there was supposed to be cata boxes added in the beta.

Right but like I said it’s already the case, we already have borders that are cata exclusive. I don’t see how adding some few more borders would make it an issue when it’s not at all atm.

And to be completely honest, I would rather cata lobbies with players who maybe aren’t fully up to it over there just not being any at all.

2 Likes

This is also true of legend. Many people play it who aren’t ready for it.

Play Cata only with your team. No with randoms.

2 Likes

Ok,I accept.

Reward skins would be enough for me. But I need something. The challenge is not enough on its own.
I have Cata Frame…
I don’t feel like playing Catacylsm if there’s no reward available. Skin, weapons skin,headgear…

2 Likes

Honesty, I think the first step would be making Cata free to everyone so that people don’t feel pushed into buying WoM just to be able to gain access to the new Cata exclusive loot.

2 Likes

Cata should have zero reward. No loot boxes, no skins, only the achievement / portrait.

It also should remain tied to the sinking expansion known as Wallet out Minions. If it became free Fatshark would have a huge problem when it came to false advertising (despite level 35 lawl / dedicated servers).

Yall wanted Cata for the challenge, you got Cata for the challenge. Why should Fatshark care about the minority of players who actually want a tangible reward? They should stick with their guns and release more content that brought us Weaves and Beastmen. I find them to be extremely enjoyable and the thought of them always brings a smile to my face.