Actual rewards for playing cataclysm

So I know cata as a difficulty is mostly about the challenge but i feel like there needs to be a bit more of a incentive to keep people playing after they beat cata. I dont think anyone playing on this difficulty actually needs loot anymore and the loot pool is basically the same as on legend anyway so why not throw some cata exclusive cosmetics as rare loot drops into the mix? The game sorely needs more customization anyway but giving us dedicated players some goodies besides the ego inflating victory itself would be awesome. Imo at least…

1 Like

I’m not against cata exclusive rewards, but as rare drops? No thanks.

2 Likes

The problem with guaranteed drops is that after you get it all the incentive is gone. And putting so many cosmetics in the game that it takes a long time to acquire would be unrealistic for fatshark. Maybe they could be gated behind achievements of course or you could create a cata exclusive currency and the hats/skins could then be bought in the ingame shop. My point was to give players some extra carrot on a stick to keep them a bit more engaged

I mean, what’s the incentive to play this game in the first place?

3 Likes

The incentive of this game is overcoming adversity and good gameplay. I play since v1 and the v2 beta and i love the franchise to bits i just think it would help longevity to give players a bit more options to show of and more goals in general. I have every red weapon and trinket multible times since months and i dont play for loot for a long time now yet i still play fairly regularly. My question to you would be why they shouldnt put cata rewards in the game because to me this seems like a no brainer…

1 Like

I’m against rare loot in cata, that would launch an horde of beginners and break the public teams, there’s no way this would work fine.

But reward system need a rework for sure, getting gold chest as achievement reward ( cata and lower ) is a sin.

Painting are not an amazing reward as well, nobody actualy care going throught check EVERY host paintings and just head for the portal without a glance for the one in the way since they probably already own it too.

The only reward i can think right now that wont break the balance is adding more furnitures to decorate, that turn the game “pimp my house” and might be not usefull for gameplay purpose but doesn’t everyone would enjoy customizing the lobby ?

1 Like

Well to be fair cata is soft locked behind the dlc anyway so most players that have it are fairly dedicated and i honestly dont think noobs would be a huge issue. The keep decoration i think is a very cool idea tho

Noobs arent an issue in Legend either (usually that is), maybe it’s me boosting my ego by playing there and especially now with the inrush of new players helping ppl out, dunno, but I enjoyed it just as much when being the one who gets carried. The most memorable line I (and a friend) got was ”you are the most tryhard group I’ve seen, and the worst” followed by a swift alt-f4. Hope someone recognizes him/her-shelf :wink:

I agree fully Cata would do better with some loot bonus. Absolutely no idea what that might be, though the decoration idea is great. Or movable / resizable Cata only paintings to make them actually show in the huge keep.

2 Likes

I also support actual rewards for playing cata, like double the legend chest for example. Or giving commendation chest instead. Or shillings. At least something that make the time spent worthwhile out of the “challenge”.
The “beginner issue” should not even be “seen” as an issue by community to be honest as all veterans DID begin :stuck_out_tongue: (and also cataclysm is gated behind a dlc, challenge to do all boss in legend first, and a specific power)

3 Likes

They shouldn’t add anything for cata. Adding new incentives for all difficulties, sure, but not cata exclusive. Cata should get the same as legend in terms of loot and just have a higher difficulty.

Adding new loot or keep decorations to legend or lower difficulties would be great, that way every player has new incentive to play. The incentive in legend is best loot and in cata it’s challenge + best loot, it should stay this way tbh

The only thing they could add is helmgart cata challenge frame, like legend has etc.

3 Likes

Anything. You get more rewards for doing Legend book runs.

2 Likes

I only want to get additionnal reward for the time spent (which is longer than the same run in legend). I don’t ask for “exclusive” rewards.

3 Likes

I do play a lot of public game and this is cursed, doing my weekly quest books run sometimes making me want to throw myself out of the windows.
Sometimes you get fine people, there a lot of good players, but there’s a lot of ones that just throw themself and die starving for DPS and “cute words”, then quit, you find these less in cata thankfully expecialy for the “cute words”.
Doing with bots is better even with the current stat of the bots AI.

In addition to the rewards, they could just add repeatable challenge with more rewards in Cata (like double the legend ones ?), at least if there’s newbies looking for the greedy juicy chests, they would put more efforts.

This was probably just me dreaming, having just painting till today and banners ( it count ? ), and the time it takes to get a new hat, it would take years unless it’s really small changes, but i keep the idea for “other type of cosmetics” there’s a lot of little things that can be added instead of straight chest.

Given that we know Fatshark is, in some capacity, working on a new crafting system/adapting the athenor to the rest of the game, I would not expect to see any changes in loot in the near future.

Fatshark seems to be very against implementing short term fixes when they have bigger plans in store for the same systems.

1 Like

Ok, they could add an extra boss for an extra loot die i guess.

If you want to get 2 times the loot in the time it takes for you to complete a cata game, then you could play 2 legend games instead.

Or make all bosses/Lords drop an extra loot die? Skittergate with twitch mode would be madness!

1 Like

my problem is that the loot you get on cata isnt different from legend and not the amount of loot you get. Correct me if im wrong but i dont think people playing cata really need chests anymore since they probably have most gear they need… i dont care for chests anymore anyway since i got everything already and thats why i think some extra rewards would be cool. you could just remove loot drops from cata and it wouldnt change too much atm. also its just faster and safer to farm on legend anyway if you really need gear

People playing Cata for Cata, not for rewards. As was said before, greater reward will bring people who is there for reward, not to overcome its difficulty. I thought the same before, and this argument is quite convincing for me. It is challenge for when you have all reds and you want something new.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Adding other rewards is fine and i’m not against that, but not just for cata, cata should always have the same loot as legend.

1 Like

I would like to see just more loots or the next level of the loot box type that has more higher rate to drop the reds, or drops more than just 3 loots.