Need help with Bounty Hunter on legend

your goal on every game should be getting the grims, so to me curse resistance is a no-brainer, really

And it´s still useless if you don´t got some yet or just lost them.
I play with full books too,but I told why i prefer movement over curse resistance and anything else.

2H sword is indeed a slow weapon; you’ve got to know when to block/dodge and wait for the right time to swing. It is a lot better in the 1.2 beta patch, but even in current live it’s still manageable. Either way it’s going to be tough to use on Bounty Hunter… the slow swing speed means that you may have to eat some hits every now and then. It feels much better on Zealot with his increased attack speed and health. With that said… if the only reason you’re using it is because it is red, ditch it and use an orange that you prefer. You’ll play better and have wayyy more fun!

I would get rid of this, it doesn’t seem to work at all.

I would swap this for Scrounger - you get a lot of crits with Bounty Hunter, and basically won’t ever have to worry about picking up ammo.

I would get rid of this and replace it with +20% health. 10% damage reduction is pretty low, you’ll get more mileage out of +health on any character.

Some have suggested getting rid of chance to dupe health item and replacing it with the +30% healing effects, I think that is a good idea as well. It applies to the temp health you get from crits and kills so you’ll be rolling in temp health.

Well I have played a bit of bounty hunter and from my experience, your best is actually the gun you think you perform the best with, The only range weapon which i dont think is that good on BH is the brace of pistols.

For now my melee on bounty hunter use to always be the rapier as you can alt fire and get your bounty hunter passive back allowing more crits and it to also gets crits from the passive, However i can begun to use the Axe a lot more recently because the main bounty hunter thing i do, is swing at a enemy and using my gun as soon as i get my crit passive, So melee kill, Gun, Melee kill, Gun, Just keep doing that. Oh and for the rapier i recommend crit chance and power but for the axe i go for crit chance and attack speed.

Now onto my range, all range as mentioned before are great apart from the BH because it doesnt really benefit from the passive that much but for the most part, use whatever, The crossbow is great for the damage output and getting two shots for the cost of one and ill come back to this later, The repeater crossbow is great but personally I dont enjoy it. I use the repeater handgun, because getting 8 crits shots without wasting ammo is great, especially with how good the damage is agaisnt bosses, armoured, Hordes, Basically everything.

Now for both of these weapons i have crit power and crit chance and i basically try and get the highest crit power and chance as possible and also use it on the jewellery, Forgot what jewellery it goes on because i havent played in a while. However, i do use attack speed on the jewellery when using the axe On the necklace i have health and stamina, Ok in the middle of writing all this i just realised i could make this a lot easier, Check the video below to see what i use on him.

Just remember, saltz already has great melee weapons so you should not be afraid to go in for melee kills

ty!

1 Like

Step 1: l2melee
Step 2: play legend

You can’t rely on your ranged skill alone mate.

1 Like

I’m really not sure how you reached that opinion. I’ve not played champion since I leveled my characters… excepting to remove old deeds. I’m pretty sure that most of the players posting here are in a similar boat.

1 Like

That wasn’t aimed at you but towards @SuperApathy who has 400h with BH in champion. You on the other hand gave quite solid advice but it wasn’t Bounty Hunter specific so I kinda ignored it in my post. I apologize if my post felt rude towards you. I’m just really tired of seeing all these Volley Crossbow Scrounger BHs who have no idea how to use melee and die all the time from random slaverats they didn’t notice, forcing me to carry them through legend. Seeing posts that promotes such useless playstyle really gets on my nerves because it leads to even more dead bounty hunters and more arrows in my back.

1 Like

Have you researched how crit power actually works? Crit power is the completely useless as it stands now.
Lets take crossbow as an example. Your shot is a critical and you shoot a stormvermin with a body shot.
Without any bonuses 61 damage
With 10% power vs armor 67.25 damage
With 20% critical power 68 damage
With 10% power vs armor and 10% vs skaven 74 damage
With 40% critical power 74.75 damage
With 10% power vs armor and 20% critical power 74.75 damage

Based on these numbers do you see why plain damage vs a specific armor type or race is better?

Also stacking that much power doesn’t give you any access to new breakpoints. There is no need to deal more damage to an enemy than its hp. You gain nothing by doing that. Crossbow’s critical shots kill all elites and specials in one shot already except for Maulers, who you can one shot by getting power vs infantry 4% and +25% power from crippling strikes talent, and monks and savages which you can kill with 1 critical and 1 normal shot without any extra properties.

Check out this spreadsheet for more info on damage and breakpoints. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G0wbaIJIuo-QlAAMgVaui0PvV_gnVXzMUEjztSsGdXw/edit#gid=1584291092

Just to clarify: Crit Power increases the damage that crits add, not the total damage of the critical attack. That means that if the crit damage multiplier is 1.5, only the .5 is affected. So while there can be some use for characters with very high crit rate (so that it triggers often; primarily fully-buffed WHC, BH, Pyro or dual-wielding Kerillian) or weapons with high crit multiplier, usually it’s just far better to get consistent breakpoints against certain enemies instead of potential (and usually requiring more specialization) and uncontrollable against possibly a few more.

Boss damage, something the crossbow is otherwise lacking. I am usually in favour of hitting breakpoints where it makes sense (and to be perfectly honest, there is only a handful of carreers where I even bother stacking crit chance on), but since as you said, BH’s crit shots kill almost anything, anyway, I don’t see the need to chase break points. With faster reloads and reduced cooldown on blessed shots, you will crit shot alot anyway, so I might as well get the crossbow some good boss damage with stacked crits. It’s good because it works on anything. No need to hit any breakpoints if crits kill everything in one shot and you’ll crit alot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.