My gaming friends abandoning the game enmasse

You assume Fatshark cares. They have shown they dont. Heck, even Hedge suddenly became super quiet. And I havent noticed the new CM that was on stream either since Aqshy is supposed to be going back to VT. And aside from the “apology” from co-founder Martin Wahlund, everyone has been super quiet on the whole predatory part.

Where is all this stuff? Where is Xmas drops? They talk and they talk but they honestly dont deliver. They copy pasted VT game mechanics, gave it a 40k skin and then slapped a COD / Mobile progression system around it and then patted each others on the back. We dont even have shared loot or a basic scoreboard.

Come on, they branded themselves as a live service game but I honestly dont see what is live service about this aside from the RNG missions and loot. We dont even have a roadmap.

THERE WASNT EVEN A CHRITMAS - New year EVENT / GIFT!!! I dont even know of any other live service games that hasnt.

7 Likes

So far their ‘live service’ model hasn’t appeared to achieve anything other than Fatsharks worst launch. Fair enough they didn’t have a christmas gift ready, but they didnt even bother putting out a christmas message and doubling exp rate or something incredibly easy. It’s almost insulting at this point.

Wanting to like darktide feels like death by a thousand cuts. There is just so much wrong with almost every system for no good reason that it’s exhausting and defeating. I’m trying to not be hateful or salty, but the game genuinely makes me feel dirty for playing. If I had enough self decency I’d distance myself from anything Fatshark related as to not support any of their metrics.

3 Likes

YEah they have no choice though , regardless if they agree with some of these, someone hit the launch button and now only hard work will make them through, it will take a long time and theres only 2 options: continue or giive up.

Same. We were group of 4 total that play co-op games together. We started this trend with Vermintide 1, Borderlands etc. Vermintide 2 was our most played co-op game ever.

We were all hyped for Darktide. 3 of us stopped playing before 30/50h mark and returned to other games. I was playing for more than 100h (+160h in betas doing my best with feedback and bugs…) from release because I really WANTED this game to be good, but it’s trash.

Last time I played was more than 2 weeks ago, maybe 3.

But good news is we reunited in Deep Rock Galactic :slight_smile: and that games is absolutely blast and one of best co-op games ever made. And we wouldn’t buy DRG if not for DT sucking so much so there can always be some good outcome from dissapointment.

I’ve effectively become semi-Last Man Standing from my group.* Outside of the actual gameplay, I can see why and I share their frustrations. If you’re not as hooked on the gameplay as I am, then I can see how easy it is to walk away from the game for now. Most of mine got a class up to 30 and then decided they had other things to do with their time; I’m now at 4 at 30 and now only really play my Guardsman, maybe for 2-3 missions a day, depending when I’m playing.

I think it will take quite a lot for my chaps to return to the game. Such as being able to specifically choose a mission, a mutator for it, the difficulty, grimoires or scriptus. To actually have a full crafting system and not rely on RNG from the Armoury for new kit or to occasionally get a (usually rubbish) drop at the end of a mission. For there to actually be some form of end game, like VT2’s Chaos Wastes, amongst other lesser things related to penances and cosmetics. There is so much potential with this game, and the setting and nature of a 40k hive city has been nailed 110%, but its all being blunted and wasted by so many things outside of the actual core gameplay.

*We’re Europe based for the most part but our sole American is still playing as well. However, timezone differences make it tricky to play together as a regular thing.

Yeah, keep in mind they keep editing out promises that they don’t keep, so I would screenshot that one. That way you at least have proof when they try to change the narrative.

Might abandon the game until they fix everything that’s wrong with it.
If they don’t add xenos, don’t count on me staying.

2 Likes

they meant for this to happen, working as intended, got your money and don’t need to pay your bandwidth.

I want a real end game, now this game Is a orrendous early access

Funny you mention DRG… a lot of my friends purchased during Steam sale and we’ve been playing a lot. Some even purchasing multiple DLC. It’s almost like people will enthusiastically throw money at developers that actually care about and listen to their community. Also making a decent game full of content helps

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sorry to say that I’ve uninstalled as well. I put some serious time in and tried to look on the bright-side, but things just kept piling up until the point I could’t ignore it any more. I was also getting hard restarts with bsods more and more, and was getting worried about the health of my hardware. There was so much potential here, and I would have gladly waited a year or two for a proper full release.

I already bought everythng in DRG becasue game is absolutely awesome. 140k “overwhelming positive” reviews speak for themselves anyway. It has very good combat (for it’s engine), terrific progression system with tons of systems/mechanics that all loop with each other to unlock cosmetics, upgrades, perks, skins, colors, higher difficulty missions and it’s very challenging on higher difficulties, “paragon” levels and many more. Classes are so much better than in DT as each one do something better than others and classes “combo” with each other in terms of utility, exploration, movement, combat. It’s a stellar example of co-op game with huge endgame to chase. When I play in DRG I realize even more how trash Darktide is as a game. And almost ZERO RNG (only loot crates with some cosmetics on maps I think).

2 Likes

Poorly resurrecting a cr@ppy old meme

2 Likes

Yet there is more current players on Steam playing DRG than DT.

Heck, there is more people playing Bloons TD 6… and only a bit more than Yu Gi Oh.

1 Like

Came in for the Psyker. Was a fan of V2 battle Wizard and psyker just seemed like a revamp of that with a brain burst ability. Its not. Their % procs lie. Half the feats work 30% of the time. Their internal CDs that they dont mention are way off. You spend more time quelling than actually doing something. The staves are a joke. Only decent about the class is a sword with deflector if you can ever get it to show up or spend 10000s of game gold and 1000s of materials to get it. The match making is a joke. the mission system i dont have words to properly describe how bad it is.

That said. Void strike staff is fun. WHen you dont have a group paying tribute to Leroy jinkins the mechanics of the group play is great. Though the content is challenging for All the Wrong ReAsOnS!! Most of my group stright dropped the game and or refunded due to crashes, rng, and the crap store and crafting mechanics.
They literally could have done better with the store if they would have just put one of each weapon in there and let you scale the price with the percentages, perks, and a flat price for the blessings you want on it.

Emperors gift needs to scale with player deaths. Flat out. You die you dont get one. You dont die you get one. I mean even V2 was better in that respect.

3 Likes