My gaming friends abandoning the game enmasse

I hate to break it to you but pretty sure it’s not going to happen any time soon, if ever.

No surprise there. My situation is a bit different, I was the only one to dive right into it and buy it day one, my 3 playing buddies said they’d wait for the first reviews… Guess what, they haven’t bought it yet.

I have 4 friends who played VT, most of them told me this game will have a terrible release like the VT games, and I didn’t believe them (because I didn’t really have issues with VT2 somehow).
None of them bought it, and I ended up having to refund it.

1 Like

They should keep listening to sweats and keep nerfing things. That will surely keep more people playing.

2 Likes

Indeed, it needs environmental variety, better gear system, more purposeful story feel

Started with about a dozen friends/family. Six refunded because the game is in an alpha state. Four others don’t play anymore and said they’ll check back in 6 months to a year.

Only me and my nephew is left, and he plays less and less.

1 Like

Yeah i sort of abandoned it as well for the time being, unless i have friends to play i am not gonna bother, cannot stand level 1 bots destroying my game, besides playing the same 10 maps over and over again got tiresome fast.
I actually reinstalled destiny 2 and am considering buying the dlc (if the price drops more)

For me, there’s no replay value at all in this game, the rewards are completely random, and the only reason to play harder difficulties are crafting materials and a sense of accomplishment for completing a hard level, which is fine in theory but ffs give us something for doing it! My group has already completed all levels on damnation and there’s absolutely no reason to even start the game. The game has zero story, the gameplay loop isn’t fun, the loot system is one of the worst I’ve seen in a long time, and the stagger mechanics that Fatshark has a massive hard-on for are just terrible and makes the gameplay feel awful, just like it did in V2.
This is just a straight-up bad game right now, it was clearly released at least a year too early. Fatshark has yet again shown that they are unable to understand their own game and what made their previous games popular, they are making the same mistakes over and over again. They’ve learned nothing from their previous projects, for me, this is it, I’m out, this is the last game I even purchase from Fatshark, they are just trash and clearly needs new management.

3 Likes

Everyone I know had the same complaints as me, all 6 of my friends who got it have already uninstalled.

I’ve reached that point. I log in, i look at the shop, then look at the map and think, i cba. Nothing exciting me.

Was ok FS. who knows maybe I’ll come back in a year when its out of early release.

Thanks for all the fish. o7

I am pretty much the last one in my groups (multiple) too. My groups’ interest faded quickly due to all the issues. Especially after the “coming soon” for crafting and the hourly refresh store making the end game an engagement metric of constantly logging in every hour just to check for a really low chance of something decent being for sale.

Last week I had to reroll perks literally a hundreds maybe thousands of times to get the ones I wanted. Thank god it eventually becomes free but wtf even if it is free, rerolling perks for hours is infuriating. I had to ask myself why is this designed like this.

I was hoping this would be the ONE to actually bring my friends into it because it was in space and had guns. Of course, it flopped. Now my friends will probably never play a Tide game.

1 Like

I uninstalled a few days ago. Core gameplay is solid and so is the music but everything else surrounding it is crap and I cant stand Fatshark lying non stop.

From their excuse about the Aquilas, to them saying they yanked the crafting late in production and replaced it with this and its not even fully out. To no scoreboard, to a rotation of missions that offers no ways to pick what we want. And the store being a RNG fest.

The game is RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG for anything. Oh and no common inventory.

And they call themselves a live service game but its probably the only live service game that didnt have anything to offer their players for Xmas.

Fatshark has become a joke. A very sad one. They took Tencent’s money and now they gonna ride into the sunset.

2 Likes

Welcome to every game ever made, people play the new thing for a bit they get bored and they bail. This game has it’s issues and I totally understand why people are leaving… the whole video game industry releases unfinished crap today because they know people will buy it… and they do.

You are basically buying a promise that they will make the game enjoyable at some point down the line after you have put in X hours and given up on it already.

Some of my friends quit by level 12 which is like 1-2 days of play because of how bad it performed at release and how limited the weapons are while leveling. I have 2 friends that still play maybe 3 times a week for 3 hours at most.

And this is something that Fatshark has been doing for over 10 years, if people are surprised by this now they really need to look into the history of their games, I have no idea why people trust this company.

3 Likes

Yep. Also, I highly recommend looking into “patientgamers” on reddit. They are a group that waits for a while before playing certain games and gives their feedback at that point.

It unfortunately sucks tho games like this as they will most likely be dead at this point.

I dont see Darktide being able to follow what Vermintide 2 did. VT2 with its 12 classes (4 base) and common inventory made it much more enjoyable already. This with 4 with locked inventory makes it hard to want to pick up and diversify. They killed the game at start with that kind of stuff.

1 Like

Well, it’s a fact Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Steam Charts :expressionless:

5 characters, 15 classes but yeah. Darktide is a massive step backward, at this point, I wanna know what they mean when they say…
“Everything we’ve learned* from developing the Vermintide games is being poured into Darktide”
What the hell did they learn? You are doing EVERYTHING wrong! What did you learn? From my point of view, you either learned nothing or you learned that games need to have stagger mechanics (that everybody hates), RNG mechanics (which people have complained about since V1), repetitive maps (which became a problem in V1 and V2 if you wanted the perfect items) and an in-game shop (which again, 99% of people hate). Is that what they learned? Because that’s what I’m seeing.

7 Likes
  1. 15 vs 4. 30€± vs 40€±.

It’s a complete joke :rofl:

“Everything we have learned” is just marketing. It happend the same from V1 to V2.

RNG, missions and crafting was better at V1. It got worse to V2 and now it’s even worst.

Reading through this, Fatshark must be like:
npKt6xa

5 Likes