Missing Aquilas on PC?

Issue Description:
I bought the game on early access but did not receive the 9300 aquilas that xbox players do when they purchase the base game

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Bought game on early access
  2. Check cosmetic shop
  3. Balance is 0 Aquilas

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam
Player ID:
Vermillion

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Same date as the Xbox relase

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant - 100% of all PC players

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

17 Likes

Watch this get hit with “not a bug”…

7 Likes

You got a helmet that it`s totally not a generic helment with a paintjob /s

For real, this is so disrespectfull towards people who pre-ordered and then played thru thiss miserable launch, giving feedback and reporting bugs, effectivly keeping this game alive.

No words for this.

5 Likes

Overlord Tencent said NO.

3 Likes

I’m curious to see how the CMs will weasel their way out of this one.

Is it technical difficulties to add the amount?
An immeasurably complex issue in the database?
The feature not existing despite Julia helping people add and subtract Aquila by refunding cosmetics?

Let’s see what they have bois.

2 Likes

I don’t have answers for this, but the conversation has been initiated internally. Moving to ‘Gameplay Feedback’ to continue the discussion there.

7 Likes

Man, I just changed my review to positive.
Now I have to change it again to negative, for this very reason.

What a kick in the nuts

6 Likes

Wait you bought it on PC steam, and you didn’t get the 9300 aquilas?

The steam version doesn’t get the bonus aquilas, so you shouldn’t have gotten any.

Posted this in another topic on the same issue so posting it here

So you didn’t get scammed and no fatshark doesn’t owe you anything, this is not a bug.

1 Like

Was about to come around to changing my review to positive till I woke up to the dumpster fire outcry on other social platforms regarding this issue. The silver lining is that it saved me the trouble.

1 Like

Missing the point on purpose are we? Well that’s ok no one’s taking you seriously anyway

1 Like

Perhaps then you should explain it to me?
Or are insults the entirety of your argument?

In OP he said he purchased it on PC on steam and did not receive the aquilas that the Xbox players were receiving.

This is because the Xbox players are purchasing a different bundle off of the Microsoft store. So he was not short changed any aquilas as he was never supposed to get them.

If you look at my argument above you would understand why I said what I said.
I would encourage you to reread my comments so we can have meaningful discourse.

I can’t speak with 100% certainty for anyone, but I’m fairly sure that the issue is not that people believe the game bugged out on steam and ‘forgot’ to give steam players those aquilas, but rather that the steam players who were there earlier, paying the same price as those who now pay for the xbox release, who were also there potentially from the beginning offering feedback to shape the future of the game and reporting on the bugs and inconsistencies from launch, now have very little to show for it.

I understand that this is likely a decision that came from outside the proper dev team for the game, to try and encourage new sales now that the update has gotten people interested again and the game has released on xbox, but looking at it from the perspective of one of those day 1 steam players, or even from a beta tester, this would appear as though they had been left in the dust to mope about how it’s not fair, and to be frank, it isn’t. Two people will pay the same price, and one will get more benefits simply because they didn’t support the game early in its lifespan.

It’s not that folks who bought in early should get more than those that do now, but if there’s a situation like this where some players can now get a big ol’ bonus on the side for the same price, well, isn’t it only fair and equal that those who paid the same price of admission get the same deal? It puts the Darktide team in a rough spot, I’m sure, but it’s a question that’s worth asking.

In many ways I agree.

But there does seem to be a disparity where many players feel they are entitled to those aguilas and are suggesting that they should get them merely because Xbox has gotten them.

I just don’t feel this is the case. The reason being because those players also have to have Xbox game pass so there is another charge associated with those prices.

Myself I have been here since day one on steam as well and though I would love some bonus aquilas, I also understand that there is a difference between the two bundles and stores. I am hoping for a middle ground resolution though.

Perhaps, I want to say Xbox game pass is 19.99 for a month subscription(though I may be wrong), so removing that from the total cost of both the base and imperial edition, would leave:
19.99 or around 4600 aguilas for the standard edition.
39.99 or around 9200 aguilas for the digital deluxe.

As I said I would be fine with some form of compensation but I do not think steam players are entitled to the exact amount the Xbox players are receiving.

And after purchasing that $39.99 or $59.99 pack? If the person at any point no longer has or has access to gamepass do they get to keep the game and continue playing it? If the answer is yes then this argument unravels entirely.

Ok just checked on the website and the bundle says
Games included
Warhammer 40K darktide

So by the description of it including the full game one can assume that if you lose game pass you will maintain ownership of the game as it’s described.

1 Like

In that case the argument falls apart, because they are basically just getting 9300 free aquilas for buying the game. Or a free game with their 9300 aquilas. They aren’t just buying an aquila pack for use during gamepass.

They can even afford 3 of the 4 overpriced krieg skins and STILL have aquilas left over.

1 Like

I guess it seems so.
Though with the benefit be any greater or lesser if the game stays on Xbox live over a year or two?

I don’t really play on Xbox, haven’t for a couple years do you still need Xbox live to do internet play?

Just curious on the second question.
There’s a reason I moved to PC, :slight_smile:

I was on the way to pick up the discounted DLC because game seems good now why not when I looked at the worse-recently reviews and found this gem.

I’ll pass, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.