Minimum spawn distance for specials

100+h and I still love the game, BUT there are some things that’s make me want to quit.
The one big thing is that the specials can spawn directly next to you, so many times I have been occupied with a horde and I see the door next to me open and 0,5 sec later the net from a trapper comes flying, or I get a sniper shoot, or a pouncing pox hound, etc.
A lot of the time there are spawn area all over the room, so not standing next to one is near impossible.

An easy way to fix this, i to force specials to have a minimum spawn distant of let’s say 10 meters?

3 Likes

Last night I had 3 ragers, 1 hound, 1 flamer and 1 crusher spawn on top of us while dealing with the horde. Don’t have to say we wiped hard.

The Poxburster that spawns in the “Door” right behind you while fighting the Horde. You hear the ticking noise for a split second then the door opens and BLAMMO, you’re dead.

2 Likes

“Are you actually gonna come out of the door, or am i gonna have to come in there”

Its pretty rough, i have had so many times where i know there is a burster in play but i dont know where he is, and he just pops out of a door way and insta explodes.
Same with trappers, although trappers have a tendency to just shoot their net out of the doorway without walking out, so all you see is a door pop open, a net flies out, and the door just closes again.
Oh, and bombers, and dogs, what im getting at is that the spawn system for specials is kind of ass.

2 Likes

All Tide games are like that at first. They usually fix/tweak it down the road along with other spawn issues. Usually. Let’s just say it will take a while.

Yes.