Pox Bursters

Please remove Pox Bursters from the list of specials that can spawn in right next to a team. I can tell by the excessive sound a Burster makes that you wanted to give us some form of counter play to them. Most of the time they do spawn in ways that provide a challenge but on occasion they simply pop out of a wall and go BOOM before anyone even knows they are there. This seems counter intuitive to the basic design of the creature and more of an oopsie mistake on the part of level programming.

On Heresy+ an insta pop Burster can ruin your run quick.

2 Likes

They’re the most dangerous special/enemy besides the deamonhost. That’s because they’re unfair AF. These can spawn behind a wall and just open up a door a meter away from you and jump straight into you taking all your toughness and half of your health. No counter play. Shooting them won’t help and if you push them they will most of the time explode in your face anyway because you’re still going to be in range even if you dodge away.

also, unlike… every “I’mma blow myself up” Enemy… basically ever… they are reasonably tanky buggers and hitting their explosives with a gun doesn’t set them off immediately.

Same with the flamers and the fact that their fuel tanks are, apparently, indistructible…

1 Like

Yeah its a real head scratcher as to why the guy with a literally freaking melta bomb strapped to him, does not explode into a fine mist when shot.

1 Like

Also only the weapons with the heaviest stagger can slightly slow them down. They are way too tanky and stagger resistant for what they are.

1 Like