Memory error out of memory

I’ve fresh installed GPU drivers, got a new SSD, reinstalled on new SSD, still getting this error. Pictured is the error itself and my memory from task manager. I’ve just everything under troubleshooting.

Issue Description:
trying to load game since most recent patch. was able to play just fine until then

Steps to Reproduce:
loaded game and it crashes on loading screen when i select my character to play

Mission Name (If Applicable):
n/a

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]
microsoft store
Player ID:
Shadow Ruler

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
all times during day and night

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]
GUID: a36e32f2-f8fa-43f6-8815-6e83bff543ae
Log File:
Info Type:

console-2023-11-04-18.23.21-3f7a6c4e-3431-4eec-ac64-987af70548fd.log (65.3 KB)

1 Like

Apologies for the delay - could you try deleting your AppData please?

Please be aware this will reset any custom keybindings.

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to: AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\MicrosoftStore
  4. Delete the entire ‘Darktide’ directory
  5. Launch Darktide as normal

GUID: 611cf3c9-049d-495e-8fb2-cca65db4f7f4
Log File:
Info Type:

Same error posting the crash report above.

installed from steam seems to be working perfectly. microsoft store does not work. hope this helps any devs

I’ve shared your update with our Engine Developers, apologies.

Not sure how much I should trust the callstack in the crash, but it is seriosly wrong.

Note that a material and mission is not related at all, so feels like either I get bogus data or that your binary is broken.

Darktide.exe!stingray::Arraystingray::MissionThemeEntry::set_capacity(unsigned int capacity) Line 220 C++
[Inline Frame] Darktide.exe!stingray::Arraystingray::MissionThemeEntry::grow(unsigned int) Line 383 C++
Darktide.exe!stingray::Arraystingray::MissionThemeEntry::resize(unsigned int size, bool) Line 197 C++
[Inline Frame] Darktide.exe!stingray::Arraystingray::MaterialTemplate::TextureChannel::serialize(stingray::InputArchive &) Line 264 C++
[Inline Frame] Darktide.exe!stingray::operator&(stingray::InputArchive & a, stingray::Arraystingray::MaterialTemplate::TextureChannel & t) Line 9 C++
Darktide.exe!stingray::MaterialTemplate::serializestingray::InputArchive(stingray::InputArchive & s) Line 359 C++
> [Inline Frame] Darktide.exe!stingray::operator&(stingray::InputArchive &) Line 9 C++

Try delete the executable or reinstall the game again, perhaps on another disk and see if you get different result.

You also have a page file usage that is insane, it reports higher usage than you have page memory, but maybe that’s possible…

if this doesn’t help I can re-build binaries locally and we can try with that

Most recent patch fixed it on microsoft, I did reinstall on a different drive. Not entirely sure how anything works. Praise the Omnissiah!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.