KNOWN ISSUE: Out of Memory Crashes

We are investigating the reports of Out of Memory errors that have appeared with our latest update.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

7 Likes

Since the 1.2.10 version update, there have been frequent instances of insufficient memory
But my game’s actual memory usage is only 50%, and even the most intense battles do not exceed 24GB
AXY(EJO6V4(F6(005A`1

1 Like

Issue Description: crashing with an “out of memory” error message, while i’m running 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, I7 10700KF and a custom RTX3080TI. so far it happened twice, last time was when joining an ongoing game and i think the first time too ? but not sure

Error Displayed (If Applicable): ran out of memory

Steps to Reproduce: playing a game, might happen only when joining ongoing game but not sure

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform: steam
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]

Player ID: Toonett

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

Reproduction Rate: twice so far
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Paste Crash Report, or Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

console-2023-11-15-16.26.12-920dfc23-27cc-4a21-86eb-b127905b8220.log (2.9 MB)
darktide_launcher.log (216.0 KB)

5 Likes

same had it twice, seems memory leak issues still persist

damn… so it’s not something i’m gonna be able to fix, they just need to fix their game?.. would’ve thought 1 year after official release we’d be done with technical crashes, that’s why i waited lmfao.

did it happen to you when joining a game right from the beginning, or only when joining ongoing matches ?

after running a couple rounds somewhere in the middle of the run
tbf i run a mod, but it told me cause was lack of memory.

i got that 3 times today. cant close the game the normal way after either. gotta end task

does it only happen after latest patch for you too?

cedric : i run a mod too, but yeah i didn’t have any issues before the patch, not that i’ve been playing for too long but still, i’ve been fine for 4 days and last 2 days since the patch i get this crash !
ngl i didn’t realize it only happened after the last patch, i think you’re onto sth here !

newtype : oof, thrice in a day feels bad man :confused: on my end i’m still able to quit the game normally

i also happen to have a new monitor with higher resolution and Hz so i taught maybe because of that, but since other got problems too im somewhat relieved

Only after the latest patch too. I havent added any new mods so idk. Doubt its mods but somehow, its always mods lol

How much VRAM does your RTX3080TI have?

It’s a memory leak that’s persisted for a few patches. lua_heap keeps growing until it hits the maximum allocation limit(which is not related to your ram or vram) and crashes because it can’t grow anymore.

1 Like

it has the standard 12Go, so I doubt that’s the issue x)
especially considering a lot of people seem to have the issue since the new patch !

uh ? oh well that’s weird, most people didn’t seem to have issues before this last patch. maybe it made it worse somehow ?

1 Like

I think the last hotfix messed something up – tried playing for a bit tonight and after playing for 30 minutes or so the game went out-of-memory and crashed to desktop. Fired the game back up, got into another mission, and it played ok for a few minutes, then it flashed Hibernating… across my screen and sent my computer into hibernation (!). Tried to get my computer out of hibernation and got stuck in some kind of reboot loop and had to do a hard restart.

I’ve never had either of these issues prior to the last patch, despite some long intense play sessions.

1 Like

Issue Description: crashing with an “out of memory” error message, while i’m running 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, i7-11700k, NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE, Samsung 980 Pro, 64GB of paged pool memory across two SSDs (32gb each)

Error Displayed (If Applicable): Ran out of memory

Steps to Reproduce: Playing the game, no noticeable trigger

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform: Steam
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]

Player ID: Deodus

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

Reproduction Rate: Unusual, happened 8 times this week even with mods disabled
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

crash_dump-2023-11-18-20.54.56-856ffbe8-59ab-475c-ae99-0ec0b7cd32c0.dmp (938.7 KB)

console-2023-11-18-20.54.56-856ffbe8-59ab-475c-ae99-0ec0b7cd32c0.log (1.9 MB)

Update: I disabled most of my mods and this stopped happening. Haven’t gone thru mod by mod to figure out which one it was tho.