Main story

I’m a bit confused reading the latest news in Darktides website. It says a lot of “changing missions” and zones will come. But I’m wondering, is there a main story to follow like Vermintide 2 or is it just, do random missions?

From what I’ve understood, and the way the beta missions felt, there’s no “storyline” comparable to VT2.

Rather, it appears different missions (each part of a zone), with different modifiers become available periodically, at different difficulty levels.

So, imagine Helmgart being a zone, with missions being Righteous Stand, Convocation of Decay, Hunger in the Dark and Hurrdurr Bubblegum. I didn’t feel like there was a connecting story between the missions or the zones, but perhaps we just got to play, speaking in VT2 terms, Righteous Stand, Brachsenbrücke and Skippergate, so the connection might not have been obvious.

I havent play V2 that much so the names dosnt ring a bell, but I think I understand what u mean. So there might be a red line between the zones and missions but you dont have to play them in a specific order?? (like you did in V2). Interesting

Perhaps this is helpful: Missions - Vermintide 2 Wiki
From what I’ve gathered, Zones are comparable to Acts, as in there’s a few mission in a zone, and the enemy types and general feel of the missions will be similar.

It’s quite possible we only got to play Mission 1 from Zone 1, Mission 2 from Zone 2, or something like that, so there might be some sort of plot connecting them all, but at least I didn’t pick up on it.

1 Like

more all the mission from zone 1 then zone 2 become available and we can play all the missions from zone 1 & 2 but we need to do all the missions from zone 2 before unlocking zone3
etc etc

I hope its something like that. then you will get most of the lore I guess.

@Zeider I hope the environment begins to rot with disease and become an overgrown infested nightmare.

I wish that this rot is based on overall player completion %.

How cool would that be to see the community be able to fight back the decay elements.

Places where players die increase decay, maybe even rip from Darksouls and have stronger enemies that killed other groups.

1 Like