Lore, Careers and Questions

Considering that the Community Manager spoke about future update news during skull event and this whatever it is already appearing finished, there still might be a chance for adventure maps. At least as far as I read all of this.

I am really looking closely at the 1st of June to see what we may get.

1 Like

Oh Sigmarā€¦ does this mean ā€¦as a PC playerā€¦Iā€™mā€¦Iā€™m the peasant now?

If you werenā€™t before, you arenā€™t now. The xbox ā€œupdateā€ seems to be pretty broken.

Possibly, but it could also mean youĀ“ve dodged a cannonball if we consider how big updates tend to go here :sweat_smile:

ā€¦

Then again, not getting the update first doesnt seem to guarantee you wont get the on-release bugs too :sob:

Franz Lohnerā€™s Chronicle - High Summer ā€” Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Lohnerā€™s back and Fatshark keeps teasing us:
ā€œweā€™ve yet to have any kind of undead uprising beneath our feetā€

Honestly, if Undead are not coming then this is very evil and morale-breaking -_-

Oter than that, the text this time seems to have some typos? @FatsharkJulia, @Fatshark_Hedge

ā€œBetween the crumbling stonework, the unforeseen and the wailing voices that haunt a bodyā€™s dreams*?*ā€ - Seems to miss at least a noun after unforeseen if not more.
ā€œThe more I think on it, the more I reckon we need a need base of operations.ā€ - I think one of these needs is a new.
ā€œmakeshift sewer got all kinds of backed upā€ - this sentence is probably correct but I have issues understanding exactly what it means, more likely language issues on my side

1 Like

Basically just means it got very clogged/congested.

2 Likes

Oh man, an undead DLC would get me to shell out $50. Iā€™d guess theyā€™d be some kind of chaos undead that, like Beastmen, would appear alongside Skaven in new DLC missions and occasionally in the campaign instead of Nurgle chaos.

Whatā€™d be the monster? A Vargulf? Iā€™m not clear on end times lore undead.

1 Like

A Crypt horror would be a likely Monster choice

But I do have a slight problem with an Undead update, itā€™s that they will have to make new chaff (in this case Zombies and Skeletons) where Iā€™d much rather they just give us more specials, Elites and Monsters

Like for example you could have a Skaven reinforcement pack that give

Warp Grinder: AoE stagger special
Plaguemonk Censer Bearer: Plaguemonk with great Flails
Eshin Triad: Elite team working Stormvermin

Bonebreaker Ratogre: Slower rat Ogre but cause tremor with his warp Grinder

Hero unit that act as Monster stand-in
Etcā€¦

Chaos/Norsca: Beastlord of Chaos

Skin Wolf: Faster/lighter than a Rat Ogre but less strong
Ice Troll: Variant of the Bile Troll but has a freezing aura
Chaos Ogre
Chaos Gorger

Lord: A Chaos Ogre Leadbelcher:
Ogre are known to collect rare things, sometime even beast without eating them
The Leadbelcher would have a reload on his cannon, where he canā€™t defend himself and hit with it

2 Likes

Someone made a case that they could go the cheap route and just make Undead Skaven and Norsca so basically using the same model and maybe even animation. Not sure how Undead are exactly handled in WHF. Like are they slower and tougher or have the same abilities like the corpse they are from?

On related(?) note: will this next update feature the final subclass?(Dev Replied) :: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Helmgart Keep - General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

There was a quote which ā€œmightā€ be interesting: ā€œRight now, weā€™re prioritizing some other content before her, which will also help tell some story so she has a nice platform to stand on.ā€

This might either relate to Beā€™Lakor - although I donā€™t know what Beā€™Lakor would have to do with Sienna specifically - or it might relate to some new maps/campaign. Estalia? Sofia? Undead?

4 Likes

Canā€™t compare an Undead Skaven, since they all have the same stats
Pirate
Beggar
And Zombie

Same movement, a same strength , number of attack as the beggar, but less dexterous

Thanks for the link! Iā€™d be surprised if Aqshy wasnā€™t referring to Beā€™lakor, but Iā€™d be pleasantly surprised :smiley:
I really miss adventure maps

1 Like

After all of this repeating hullaballoo about undead in the lore posts, Iā€™d actually be didappointed if thereā€™s a ā€œcop outā€ where thereā€™s content involving a new antagonist that has something to with undead like Sophia (and Beā€™lakor? I really donā€™t know anything about himā€¦) but weā€™re still fighting regular Skaven and Rotbloods in it. New enemies would be totally amazing, but frankly Iā€™d also be satisfied with ā€œzombifiedā€ reskins of enemies without behavioral changes as a practical ā€œsolutionā€.

I see your point, and I kinda agree with you. But I think even without new models, the behaviour of the units should be changed a bit, it would feel really weird to see zombies jumping like crazy. It already irks me a bit to see human enemies moving like raki, having fast zombies would feel a bit weird.

Also @Adelion : Franz Lohnerā€™s Chronicle - Long Shadows ā€” Warhammer: Vermintide 2

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing through the Beā€™lakor update, and story-wise this is the answer to our prayers, as this is set after the Citadel of Eternity (which makes it a bit weird gameplay wise, but itā€™s a small matter).
From different dialogues I gathered that we freed him from Castle Drachenfels (which is huge! however did he end up there?) so I think he was also the Nameless Voice we heard (especially based on ā€œWe shall meet soon enoughā€ addressed to Victor in the keep). So by linking the pieces, it was Beā€™lakor who gave Victor the idea to run to the Citadel (ā€œwas it my idea, or yours?ā€).
From another dialogue set outside the Temple of Shadows, we gather that it was not just us opening a path for him by killing enemies, but that it was him we worshipped at the Citadel of Eternity, giving him more power. Victor protests he heard Sigmarā€™s voice, but when Beā€™lakor mimicks His voice our Victor sobs.

So this is what we built towards :smiley:

Edit: I also got a line where the demon taunts Sienna asking her if sheā€™d like to meet Sofia again (but this time the entire party could hear it): ā€œWouldnā€™t it be nice to have a family again?ā€ to which Sienna replies the U5 are her family, or something like that ^^

3 Likes

So then is Victor actually a Warrior Priest of Sigmar? Or did Beā€™lakor give him this new power in return for freeing him? Or is Beā€™lakor just lying to Vic to torture him?

I wondered myself. Iā€™m not sure, but wouldnā€™t extreme faith be enough to become a WP?

EDIT: Beā€™lakor does say he pledged himself to him. But I suppose it might be possible that he became a WP of Sigmar by sheer faith. Now this faith is quite shaken, but I believe defeating the Shadowlord might be enough to keep it blazing for the forseeable future. This is my take, but Iā€™m not entirely sure how divine powers work in WH.

Nice, canā€™t wait to dig in deeper. But tomorrow I am not at home and today I have to do at least the bare minimum corrections for my guide. But I might find time for a round.

Franz Lohnerā€™s Chronicle - Stray Champions ā€” Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Haha, that one was dark and slighly worrying if you care for Saltzpyre. You know what would be a brutal ending for Vermintide? Victor doing an Archeaon and switching over to Chaos, Kerillian being responsible for Beā€™lakor infiltrating Athel Loren, Sienna following her Sisterā€™s footstep, etcā€¦

Wonder where they want to go. If this is some kind of internal trialship they have to overcome to get stronger, if they have to seek out a new destination to fight arising dark urges, or if we are really going for the downer ending.

2 Likes

One thing about Beā€™lakor saying that Saltz is pledge to him and not Sigmar

Itā€™s an iffy point, any Divine Practitioner (WP) are subject to their miracle demand being answered by a Daemon instead of their chosen god

So even though itā€™s possible that Saltz is accessing Sigmar, or more correctly Sigmarā€™s theme/domain there could be Belā€™ influence sometime

How would this work though? From what we gathered Lileath/Beā€™lakor didnā€™t answer Kerillian in the Citadel which is why she turned to the other gods in Loren.

I heard a dialogue in CW which I canā€™t remember well, where she says to Saltzpyre that she and him are to blame, but I take that as meaning that of all the U5 they should have known better.

1 Like