Longsword - maybe to good

I don’t have the numbers either, although I was looking for them, but it feels like chaining heavy1 feels a tad faster than chaining push attack and heavy3.

So according to the damage & BP calculator the difference in push attack and heavy3 combo compared to chaining heavy1 is minimal really
Can’t find the speeds of the attack patterns of the B sword but it feels like chaining heavy1 is faster than push attack and heavy3

| Monsters|
| Rat Ogre||Attack List|4000|
|Push Attack|32.73|
|Heavy 1/2|45.33|
|Heavy 3|49.10|

Difference between Push Attack + Heavy 3 ( 81,83) and 2x heavy 1 (90,66) is 8,83 dmg in favour of 2x heavy1

|PUSH ATTACK|41.83|
|HEAVY 1/2|52.88|
|HEAVY 3|59.33|

Difference between Crit Push Attack + Crit Heavy 3 ( 101,16) and 2x Crit heavy 1 (105,76) is 4,6 dmg in favour of 2x Crit heavy1

|Crit Push Attack|50.92|
|Crit Heavy 1/2|60.43|
|Crit Heavy 3|69.56|

Difference between Crit HS Push Attack + Crit HS Heavy 3 ( 120,48) and 2x Crit HS heavy 1 (120,86) is 0,38 dmg in favour of 2x heavy1

1 Like

That’s just raw damage, right? not DPS output.

Yeah those are raw damage numbers but does it matter really?
I dont think there Is any way for the first combo to get more damage
None of his talents would improve the first combo in such a way that it would do more damage but the 3rd level 10 talent would help do the second combo more damage since its double heavy vs push and heavy3

For sure you wouldn’t say this and then post a video where:

• You’re running a Boss killing build
  • You’re hitting a Rat Ogre, that’s standing still, and not actively trying to kill people
  • You’re hitting headshots on a Rat Ogre that’s standing still
  • There’s no chance of Horde/Specials

:exploding_head:

I was asking because heavy light attack is faster than heavy heavy. So I was wondering what the DPS difference would be.

Edit: Wait, were you actually push attacking as in pushing then attacking? or just Chaining H3 and the Light attack bopp?

Oh ok yeah I definitely misunderstood your question then

Have to check later

I was trying both but doing push attack + heavy3 And light3 Is really slow to get any practical use out of it

Right, but you don’t actually do the push. You can kite an ogre just repeating H3 and the light attack. The light attack is actually the push stab though and not L3. That’s where the confusion came from.

1 Like

You can do a light after heavy3 and that Is light3
I am aware that you dont do pushattacks but as I saíd I tried pretty much every combo chain

It’s actually the push attack after heavy 3 unfortunately.

3 Likes

I think are having this wrong because you can do 3 combos
Push attack into heavy3 and light3

You do know what a Monster, and every other mob on the map, does when a sole Shade on the map goes Invisible, right? Probably should have not paused the AI, since it would have emphasized that her Career skill has more than one use, while being safer. There is a lot of Situations where you cant chain the second hit of Audacity without getting smacked.

I also dont think you thought about what exactly can happen to a Shade while in Infiltrate. No Special will get you, no Horde will hunt you. Its you, the monsters head and its cleave attacks. You even have the choice to hit a second time, or go away and reposition.

If you feel like you wanna provide a clip that shows that GKs Monster damage is on par or higher than Shades than please do. If not, Iam kind of tired of this offtopic chattering. I only posted it to show that GKs damage is not even close to what Shade is able to do, like it was claimed to be.

4 Likes

Yeah, I do know what it does. It seems like you don’t.

The Boss is aggro’d to one person at a time, and then you go invisible. Now what? What does the Boss do? Does it go AFK?

At which point, how many people are dealing with the Boss?

Is there a Horde and Specials too? Who are they hitting? The Boss is now aggro’d to one of your teammates, which makes it’s head harder to hit anyway, your teammates are now dealing with Hordes and Specials because you’re invisible.

Now consider playing GK, getting a Conc and spamming a Boss into a corner. How many people are dealing with the Boss? How many people are at risk of being hit by it?

If you’re spam CCing the Boss in a corner while also dealing high damage to it, that’s more effective than Shade, unless the Shade is Boss killing build, which is fine, but way less effective over all than her other builds. Why not just run a more versatile build and be decent against Bosses anyway?

The same argument can be made for BH vs Shade Boss killing too.

The damage was never the point. Shade will obviously be able to build for more damage on Bosses. The problem is that you have to build for that, and then it’s completely selfish, as you’ve pointed out. You go into stealth and then other people have to deal with the Boss aggro.

GK can do the same damage and CC with every Weapon he has. Obviously more if you build for it. Try doing the same Shade damage with Spear on Bosses, or Glaive.

You’re also at less risk of wasting your Ult by hitting with the wrong attack or hitting the wrong enemy.

Also assuming they stand still while you’re Boss killing Shade is a complete joke. I main elf, and chasing people who suddenly get Boss aggro when you stealth, trying to land a Push-Attack > Stab or Charged > Stab with SnD, trying not to hit anything other than the Boss is a nightmare.

I may be misunderstanding. Heavy 3 does not combo into light 3. It combos into a light that is identical to the push attack. Afaik Light 3 only comes after light 2. This leads to the combo push attack - heavy 3 - push attack - heavy 3 and repeat.

2 Likes

Thats the point it isnt you are having this confused
The game has 3 different attacks for those as function push attack, heavy attack 3 and light attack 3
They all do different damage.

The 3 different attack patterns and boss damage as follows:

Kruber bastard_swords Light 1 medium_slashing_linesman_uppercut 15.11
Kruber bastard_swords Light 2 medium_slashing_linesman 13.60
Kruber bastard_swords Light 3 medium_slashing_smiter 28.20
Kruber bastard_swords Push Attack medium_slashing_smiter_2h 32.73
Kruber bastard_swords Heavy 1/2 heavy_slashing_axe_linesman 45.33
Kruber bastard_swords Heavy 3 heavy_slashing_smiter 49.10

Edit: comparison video of 3x heavy1 chain and push, h3 and l3 chain
Keep in mind that the last of the picture to the left is a light3 therefore it is faster than heavy1 but it does significantly less damage. If you would compare just 2 of these attack chains they seem pretty similar.

1 Like

It looks to me as if the H3 ----> “Medium slashing smiter 2H” is quite a bit faster after the initial push stab is out of the way. After you push once, you never push again.

The overhead combo for bretsword is [ push-attack > charged > light > charged > light > … ] in terms of mouse input ; but the attacks are actually [ push-attack > H3 > push attack > H3 > push-attack > … ]

H3 chains into the push-attack and the push-attack chains into H3 ; for instance you could also input [ charged > charged > charged > light > charged > light > charged > … ] to get out [ H1 > H2 > H3 > push-attack > H3 > push-attack > H3 > … ]

2 Likes

Yep.

meh, it has flair and some damage but not the best rotations or swing angles. ExSword & 2H Hammer better for sheer ease but B2HSword is fun for variety sake and not game breaking.

3 Likes

I dont know what to tell you, how much more evidence do I need to bring up but people will believe what they want I guess, never mind