Lobby Weapon Stance (Toggle)

Can we have an option to display our Ranged Weapon instead of our melee and staffs for psykers?

Wanted to re-visit this topic since it was asked at the start of the year. Thanks!

4 Likes

Well,
First there is a Mod that does it, although I know and fully understand, that it should be a feature of the game.

Second the option to check the weapons was implemented last patch, but again, I understand, it would be faster to see if the chars switched the weapons stance (but keep in mind, cosmetics sometime make it impossible to determine which weapon is used, for example: rumbler and kickback use the same alternative skills, same goes for all human shotguns)

But I have to disagree that meelee weapon loadout is less important, as for example a Thammer-Zealot fills a complete different role compared to a crusher zealot.
And sometimes even the weapon’s mark leads to a different meelee role, if you think of the Axes or the cleavers for Ogryns.

So, youl would allways need to check which exact weapon is loaded and that feature is in game …

1 Like

I think for me, the 60 second timer doesn’t allow much time to really check anything. I usually get 10 seconds to glance at the abilities below before it starts.

A toggle option to put a preference on what is displayed before entering lobby would be nice. In your case you would set zlot on melee, maybe ogryn melee and vet and psyker range/staff.

Yes, there is a mod, but this would help those on Xbox along with the majority who don’t bother with mods.

Could take it further, or propose a different solution, and display peoples gear while we run to the first door/enemy (which is usually a 1 min trot). With a toggle option for those that dont care.

1 Like

I totally see where you are coming from and those are valid arguments.
Aaaaaand there would be no harm to anybody just implementing it, so my support would be yours.

Buuut, for me the options available are (if not perfect but) useable.

I play mainly with randoms and allways have. So all my, builds are circling around to have as less weaknesses as possible and to be able to deal with as many threats as possible (sure they all specify in certain aspects, but you get the point). I never really could build arround the team’s loadout. In addition I main Ogryn and if the rest of the team are all “lil’ ones” I allways have no double loadout :smiley: .

And tbh I do not know why I would need to check in the mission, mainly because I think the song is allready sung at this point and the team needs to cope with what is available … different type of challenge perhaps?

Agreed.

I have adopted a Swiss army knife type build for both my Ogryn and Vet.

Maybe a better question to ask is can we switch Operatives in the lobby?

That’d be nice, but can’t see it right now as switching Operatives seems to be a “log-out/log-in”-processs

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.