Loading Keybind Screen Autocrashes Game

I can load the game and play the tutorial just fine. I recall rebinding my dodge key to a mouse side button, which itself was rebound as V. That is when the following issues began:

1. Regardless of character or setting, my game will crash as soon as I complete the Heavy Attack Chain (the 2nd “phase”) portion of Basic Training.

Okay so I’ll just reset my keybindings, except…

1. If I hit Esc to bring up the Main Menu, I can view every single option without a problem EXCEPT “Keybindings”. Doing so briefly shows the keybind screen where it shows all as bound to “n/a” and then crashes about 0.25s later.

I have tried following the “clean reset” instructions including erasing all app data etc, and this obviously has not brought me success.

Please advise.

GUID: 11f3ccfb-2369-4a2c-ac56-32b7be02ae5f
Log File:
Info Type:

System info:
Computer Information:
Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Form Factor: Desktop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x3f
CPU Stepping: 0x2
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 3299 Mhz
12 logical processors
6 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
AVX2: Supported
AVX512F: Unsupported
AVX512PF: Unsupported
AVX512ER: Unsupported
AVX512CD: Unsupported
AVX512VNNI: Unsupported
SHA: Unsupported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
Windows 10 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version: 31.0.15.2698
DirectX Driver Version: 31.0.15.2698
Driver Date: 11 13 2022
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 143 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x1b80
Revision: 0xa1
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Desktop Resolution: 5120 x 1440
Primary Display Size: 27.44" x 15.43" (31.46" diag)
69.7cm x 39.2cm (79.9cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 8x
Primary VRAM: 8191 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (Logitech G633 Gaming

Memory:
RAM: 16274 MB

VR Hardware:
VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 1299293 MB
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 793931 MB
OS Install Date: Mar 01 2021
Game Controller: None detected
MAC Address hash: 3b1d2a93c36b19cb17e1a078aa06b1254e344513

Storage:
Disk serial number hash: 63c7d5f3
Number of SSDs: 0
Number of HDDs: 0

1 Like

Well I guess I’m reassured on some level that it’s not just me…

I have to admit, up until I found this post I was sure it’s only me though, so yeah, although not the nicest feeling - still quite reassuring it’s not my computers, but an absolutely disgraceful development teams mistake.

Just checking Roomba, I’m taking the liberty of assuming that fixing this error (despite having 1.0.6 & 1.0.7 patch the same day) was still too much for Fatshark? Or did they manage to sort it out?

I requested a refund. I’ll try once I get confirmation it is fixed.

Thanks for taking time to reply, I’ll think about buying again as well later on.

This specific crash is in our database and being looked at, but hasn’t got a fix just yet. We’re on it!

Thank you Lev! Appreciate the hard work. Cant wait to play!

I did check to see if the bug still occurred with the most recent update and unfortunately it does, but I was happy to see y’all removed the keybind menu!

That’s poor mate. Very, very poor. You telling me that as an ‘experienced’ studio who released VT2 u can’t understand why the options menu doesn’t work? :slight_smile: Unbelievable, CP2077 was in better state than this joke of a game :slight_smile: Maybe it’s time to hire someone who actually knows how to code thing or two, as clearly the bunch of sloths u have in your studio can be made redundant with no pay :slight_smile:

Freaking options bug! Not some kind of an “out of the blue” thing that just popped up during the gameplay, u guys didn’t check if people can use the option menu alright :slight_smile: I mean, how does it make u feel as a game developer? Are you proud of this mess? :smiley:

U guys still don’t know how to fix it, don’t you? XD I’m taking a liberty of assuming though that the cash shop is fully functional, isn’t it? Disgusting :smiley:

The bug still exists upon official launch :frowning:
I am having the same issue as you. It’s the worst :\ I can’t play with unmapped abilities… I hope it is fixed soon.

I’m wondering why this isn’t on the list of known issues?

Cuz they have absolutely no idea what they did. They can’t commit to it as it would also mean they commit to fixing it, yet they don’t know how. We are in the minority, this bug is irrelevant as we may be in 2/3% so it’s easy to sacrifice us for the sake of fixing other bugs. In other words, they won’t feel the difference if we return the game & get the refund. :slight_smile: Fathark is full of bad, small people, looking to earn as much as possible in the shortest time possible (hence releasing the pre-alpha version as full release), so don’t expect them to care.

This isn’t forgotten, but as you can imagine we are juggling many things and these all need prioritizing. This specific crash is being experienced by a very small number of the playerbase, but it doesn’t mean we are ignoring it.

The issue is currently assigned to a developer and due to be looked at very soon. I can’t give an ETA right now, but fixes are coming as swiftly as we can manage!

I wish there was a simple way to restore keymaps to default from out of game…

Asking for far too much. This would actually have to mean that Fatshark knows something about their code :smiley: Anyway, bumping the topic, as it’s easy to forget about probably 2% of the players. Easier to focus on expanding the cash shop.

5 days after release & 19 days after beta release players still can’t get into options & change keys. Way to go chaps.

Any updates on this, Lev?

Still due to be looked at. I’ll make some noise internally about this and see if I can get this bumped up the priority ladder!

Thank you all for your continued patience - I can appreciate that this one is a very frustrating issue.

Why wasn’t this major bug included in the patch today? The patience is killing me