Lets talk bardins throwing axe (yes i know it has been spoken about before, but now its different)

Ok so i only have 1 request for this weapon, let it be just like kerilians throwing spears. let us use it as melee as well but we cant block. this way his talent that allows for two single handed weapons still applies. that is all i ask.

2 Likes

This has already been brought up and is currently being discussed in this thread

1 Like

Honestly I think just a small reload speed buff would already make the weapon so much better than it currently is, I wouldn’t call throwing axes bad even in its current state.

3 Likes

The javelins are ridiculous, rather overpowered if nothing else.
But being able to use them for a melee attack does seem somewhat reasonable.
That, or a block. You don’t really see them very often.

1 Like

they just stop being usable on slayer because it takes a good perk away from him since he has no ranged talents. at least they should view the weapon as 1 handed so we get his buff with it.

2 Likes

thank you. i knew someone must have brought up the idea recently due to the new dlc elf

2 Likes

I’ve tried dual hammers with throwing axe on Slayer a number of times in Chaos Waste. Definitely a challenge since the feel of the ranged weapon’s use is just off + 5% crit chance isn’t super noticeable or great compared to the increase in attack speed which sadly is borked for throwing axes.

I did have a recent CW run on I believe Legend difficulty as I couldn’t find a Cata game at the time. Had about double the amount of ranged kills compared to the other players while still maintaining top melee kills and elite kills - most of this is probably just horde clear.

Throwing Axes definitely need a buff to make them feel a bit more snappy. Maybe they could have a higher innate amount of crit chance and crit damage which would then pair well with the 5% crit chance talent. That or change that talent to something else that allows for a hybrid weapon set up.

1 Like

my only concern is that its mostly used on slayer for a secondary and it take away from him using it although it can have huge benefits.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu