Let's Talk About.... expected DLC content

in VT1 they redid the wizards tower for the hidden DLC for the Arrogance Lost update. They added a switch, and new item ( statue) and some more FX for the portal to the Trial of the Foolhardy

This meant a load of people went back and played the wizards tower a lot.

Adding an optional lever to Festering Grounds that triggered 3 pedestals within the swamp that needed 3 statues placed there to give an additional bonus dice per statue, would be quite minimal effort (no new map or anything) for increased replay value. Randomising the spawning of the trigger-lever would mean people couldn’t just run the new map layout for the dice.

Making players backtrack on the Athel map to correct a toppled waystone could mean the final area 2 of the 3 circles would be lined up when you arrived.

These kind of things could make the maps less repetitive and more engaging in QP.

1 Like

+1

Could be in the works: steam/reddit

1 Like

A lot of good ideas in here!

I would like 2 to 3 new maps per DLC.

Like someone else said, if they fleshed out the story a bit more that would be cool.
Still, the Bogen maps have some decent story but it does require the player to do some research/be a bit of WH nerd to start.

New armors…one for each career. Not reskins recolors, but new design. I can see this being quite a bit of work though.

Possibly one new weapon per hero? Could be split up into multiple DLC’s.
Would have to be something in place that doesnt lock them out for non DLC owners I suppose. Would also have to be an easier way to aquire them for the DLC owners too. That way its balanced out.

An alternative to brand new weapon types could be to introduce actual new red/vetetan items of the already existing weapon types. Not just change the “glowy bits” but new designs.
Would prefer new weapon types however.
Also not opposed to DLC reds having different glowy bit colors.

It would be really cool to add a new Lord battle.
In the same style they could add a new mini boss type that only spawns on the DLC maps.

A new enemy type per DLC that only exist on the DLC maps.

And of course hats, frames, and challenges.

I think new characters and careers is a stretch.

Slightly off topic but I like the Bogenhafen DLC quite a bit and think FS did a pretty good job.
Theres just so much more they can do and I hope the next DLC is simply amazing.

I think FS may have under estimated how big a part in the game cosmetics and such would be.
For me its gameplay first, loot second. But I understand for some people its loot first, gameplay second.

Most careers have two skins left to throwaway. So I expect 2 more dlc
Where we have been so far and where those skins come from if they aren’t really far away.

Boganhafen chests could have used a little more care before being rolled out. I don’t see the point of getting red skins unless you have a full inventory of red weapons which most don’t. and they don’t retain their color when switching weapons although that could be the mod i’m using, im not sure.

quality content would be a new class with 3 careers with a map or 2 to add onto that addition possibly with new weapons and a new boss, but i can see how this is asking a bit much but i would like to see this.

2-3 maps is what I hope for, along with some new weapons. Cosmetics I honestly don’t care much about, but I guess you have to have them nowadays. I am not really interested in new bosses, I don’t really find the boss fights to be that much fun. Just have some interesting new finales, and I’d enjoy that way more.

Other things I’d want to see as DLC would be new careers and (yes, I know unlikely) even characters. I would hope we get more enemies (even just a couple, though I’d love if they added a whole new enemy faction as the old “Dark Pact” image seemed to suggest could happen).

I’d kind of expect characters/careers to be a separate DLC from maps, and the enemies to be a FLC - wouldn’t really make any sense with enemies any other way, unless they were ONLY on a specific map (which would feel like a HUGE waste to me, since they’d create so much more replay value on old maps!).

But my ideal DLC would be 3 maps, 1-2 new weapons, around $10. I wouldn’t mind if it was a little higher for all of that, since inflation IS a thing, and there is more work going into the content for this game than the first game, I’m sure. People proooobably need to bear that in mind; the prices for things do tend to go up over time . . . Vidya game fans are just a bit spoiled in that games and DLC have tended to stay very static in price for a long time now.

Ultimately, what matters to me in a DLC is creating new experiences. New maps give more variety in gameplay. New weapons give new combos to learn and timing to master. New characters or careers do the same. New enemies gives more variation to combat encounters. I’d even love to see new items, though I doubt that’ll ever happen.

Um not sure what you mean, they don’t glow if not on a red weapon? Do they start to glow if you remove them and apply them to a red weapon?

i could have worded that better.

i changed my red van halen’s executioner sword into the blessed blade - light blue glow into purple glow. when i switch from my melee weapon into my ranged weapon the sword hangs on my back with a light blue glow instead of it’s purple glow.

Ah!

Yes I noticed the 3rd party mod did that too. A dwarf’s dual axes kept going from purple to blue as he swapped them in and out.

I know you can not extract red illusions and place them on other weapons. They lose their glow. Wondering if you can extract a purple illusion and move it around.

And yes, the purple glow is blue in 3rd person.

Would love to see Last Stand from VT1 make a return as a FLC or DLC. Never got to really experience the mode as by the time I got my hands on VT1 the community wasn’t very alive.

1: VT1 maps as I havent played VT1
2: New class, career or something
3: Expansion of keep that has some purpose
4: New weapons
5: New enemies
6: New quests that work into the story and change it accordingly.

• In general i’d like to see the game be more storydriven by player actions

7: Quests that are missions - could be to rescue some1 that then gives the host options to chose from which will then give something or maybe after the rescue it turns out that the person rescued will turn up later on but only if rescued.
8: Missions that are extremely dangerous but uniquely rewarding but comes with a cost if the mission is lost.
9: Missions that are far away in a different keep that costs money/scrap/etc to buy into.

Something like Last Stand could be interesting, but the way it worked in VT1 wasn’t the best. It needs some rethinking if it’s to appear again.

While I think something like that would be interesting, giving the choice only to host takes interaction away from the others and leaves them on the mercy of the Host. A vote, with host as tiebreaker, could be used, but I’m not convinced choices in missions fit the game that well. Same with reappearing NPCs; the game would need a stronger story structure in all for it to work well.

I’d say that’s kind of interesting, but I can’t figure out what the penalties should or could be. Losing equipment? Irrelevant mostly; choosing the pieces randomly would lead to frustration and losing the ones you use would lead to people using subpar equipment. Losing levels or exp? Harsh when not on full levels or without any extra on that character; irrelevant otherwise. Penalties for the next run or for some time afterwards? Just waste those on lower difficulties or wait for them to run out.

By the time last stand returns there won’t be that much of a difference in players. An optimistic V1 average is 1000 players peaking at 3000 each day. Before Bögenhaven dropped we were down to 2000 average peaking at 6000 every day so…
The dlc boosted up numbers a bit but it’s already back to pre dlc numbers now. (arguably even lower)

I haven’t thought anything through but maybe scrap or if scrap could be sold/converted to money then the money/scrap could be used as payment.

Or if there were a progression system in place with these missions, the progress would be lost. So if it took say 5 of those missions to complete without loosing one, then loosing one would be annoying and I’d think people would tend to play more as a team as there is something on the line.

But seeing as everybody will eventually end up with thousands of scrap with absolutely no usage I thought being able to convert them into money would be a cool option. Easy missions are cheap’ish and the harder the mission becomes the more gold it costs. Maybe the most extreme missions require insane amounts of money, so much in fact that to have as chance people would have to pool together their money BUT that would give the grind a funktion.

One thing I miss very much is the ability to stand out. I know this is the function of cosmetics but having a hat doesnt make me stand out. The rewards of these missions should be something that few will be able to attain. This in turn might make other players want to get the gear themselves and thus play more

I dont think the quests are very demanding at all. quite frankly they are redicioulsy easy. slay 25 elites as a team… thats 1 game. retrive 4 tomes… yawn. The quest system in general could use something like this, but thats another issue.

I’ll have to say I’m a bit surprised as to how much people are prepared to pay for DLC involving the new armours/classes and better cosmetics + maps and story. In the UK the game is about 24 quid, and people are prepared to pay 10-15 quid for DLC? Half the cost of the original game!

If FS can deliver new armours and cosmetics, as well as new maps with a boss/lord and some good cosmetics people are prepared to pay a lot for them.

Personally, I’d gladly give that much money away for a content that I like/enjoy… but I need to see an actual effort and passion.

I’m absolutely in the ‘make the freaking game work first’ camp of people. I hate watching all the rendering issues, all the broken spawns, the absolutely mangled VO, and knowing that people that could be fixing the existent content are instead working on DLC that’s probably going to get bundled with abhorrent cosmetics decisions that’ll take everyone’s attention away from the content you actually play… but that’s a side rant about how much of a SoB SoB was.

For the actual DLC, I’d really just want more location centric 3-level experiences, maybe even 4, but who am I kidding. It’d be good if the devs actually utilized the portal now. Maybe brought us to Brettonia or the outer edges of Athel Loren or something. More following in the footsteps of V1 would be appreciated, since V2’s main game kinda overdelivered on wide open bright levels.

The real content I’m looking for is something that should be FreeLC to avoid splitting the playerbase.

• More enemy types - something that was once discussed, but hey, so were dedicated servers ( L O L). There’s room for at least 2 more Chaos specials so Chaos-centric parts of levels aren’t half populated by gutter runner and packmaster spawns. They’ve yet to make a special based off the Charger concept from L4D2, for instance. A summoner special could be neat, too, but I’ve a feeling that whichever enemies are added will need to be more explicitly countered by melee play. The sorcerers and the fire rats kind of pushed the envelope with the ranged meta.

• More weapons - AND NOT FOR THE GARBAGE CAN ELF. NO. N O. Ranger Veteran needs a signature ranged weapon, non-Huntsman Kruber has very scant choices, Saltzpyre only has one new weapon in this installment, Sienna… would be fine if the flame sword became actually usable.

• More ACTUAL WEAPON ILLUSIONS. With no glowing bullfilter. Specifically for weapons that currently have very few illusions, like the falchion, or the fireball/conflag staves.

• Forget Okri’s Challenges and just copy the bounty board - Getting a trillion chests for very basic challenges once the system was implemented was nice, but the daily quest aspect of it is insanely weak. Just copy what used to work. If you don’t want to make challenges level specific, then fine, at least let us work towards a specific item. There’s absolutely no investment in the challenges, and honestly, when you’re so out of ideas that you make Cousin Okri a complete nonsequiter meme…

• Actually add Keep Decorations - and I don’t mean portraits, I mean tangible, visible things you can add to the keep based on what you’ve done in the game. Give us trophies for killing each boss on each difficulty, for completing the main game, for completing a level’s designated legend challenge, for the DLC’s. The keep has no personality compared to the Inn, because you got to watch the Inn develop with each act you completed. All that happens in the large space of Taal’s Horn is that the rubble gets cleared out. Yay.

• A lorebook system that isn’t more than half copypasted from the warhammer wiki. Come up with your own lore for the Rotbloods.

• ADD MONSTER BERZERKER AND SUPER ARMOR DUMMIES

• Add special mutators to levels that can be played as alternate/season-based challenges. This was discussed once - a night version of a day level, a version with alternate paths, etc. It’s a total pipe dream, but I’d really prefer to see the existent 13 levels under Morrslieb’s light as opposed to the broken skybox and boring daytime we have now in half the cases. Fort Brax really should have been green…

But none of that will happen, so I guess I just wasted 10 minutes of my time.

3 Likes

Dedicated servers like what was advertised.

1 Like