Let us color our skin's Fatshark!

Just your average cope post about what someone wants to see in their favorite game.

So i have an idea to make our favorite game more fun. introducing a customization feature similar to Warframe palettes. Picture this: we can buy a color palette to change specific parts of our character’s skin, the palettes you can buy have a range of colors like: white to black or red to light red. Fatshark can monetizing this option and the players will be more happy with the customization and Fatshark get money.

To address concerns about visibility, we could make these custom colors visible only to the player (like the forthedrip mod) and Fatshark can choose the color so there will not be bright colors.

35 Likes

It’s been proposed before and didn’t get traction, but you have my full support!

18 Likes

they’re not rebuilding the item system from scratch for that.

You wouldn’t really have to. We already have a skin system for a base, just implement that but for cosmetics.

5 Likes

Thank you brother.

11 Likes

I would say the forthedrip mod is all an ends way the only thing the would add is de UI, the art and the coloring for it but im not a game developer so maybe there’s more to it.

2 Likes

But the cosmetic are lackluster and you dont want to buy an almost exact copy what you already have, but then a different color (and maybe it will be a mark up (price) you know Fatshark shenanigans).

1 Like

Never gonna happen cause Fatshark would lose out on whatever money they get from selling reskins.

3 Likes

Lol I admire your optimism.

Today Fatshark released a bunch of already been released skins to the Premium shop, the only changes being a few different colors. Some are literally just the same already released gear. The Darktide Sub has a full breakdown and comparison.

This company is never going to improve this system or give you the option to change the color of armor because they’re directly withholding same in an effort to recoup development cost via their terrible rotating shop.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, what you say is probably true, sadge

But I still want to be blind and breathe that cope.

1 Like

Upvote!

I declare this thread epic and it should rival the graveyard of those who ask for crafting changes!

4 Likes

For the emperor.

1 Like

Maybe this is a reach to but i like the weapons skins to be split to so color and then the reskins because it’s different.
you can only do a color or a reskin why not both

Reskin = the weapons look different
Color is just the base gun and then red like the fire waste camo

oh god. the last thing we need is for fatshark to attempt to monetize colour palettes, or even worse, single colours. this is just giving them more excuses to increase current prices and monetize stuff that should be a free feature to begin with.

“you guys wanted to customize colours? well, by popular demand, here you go!” sells a single colour for 1400+ aqullias

no-f***ing-thanks. at this point, we’re screwed either way, tough. fatshark isn’t gonna let up, so we’re either stuck with overpriced palette swaps and lazy, horrible-looking outfits, or buying colours to change the few things that we like. what a terrible spot to be in…

2 Likes

Would Fatshark selling just 1 color? I would think min 10 colors and max 30 or something but are the that unhinged. I don’t tink so hope so…

I’d say the 2nd scenario is best. If we’re going to get screwed either way we might as well get screwed while stylin.

Too difficult… forget…

only a modder can do that, that’s too difficult for a team full of developers
Until they allow us to recolor, I won’t buy any more cosmetics (and I think there’s for 3 months that I did not give a cent to them)

2 Likes

The thing is, I WANT to give them money. I want the game to be successful, but I don’t want to pay for items that I don’t feel have enough value.

3 Likes

Sure would be nice if other players could see this in game

But to them I’ll be the weird red and green guy

20 Likes

Same

What they sell is not worth the money they ask. That’s all.

2 Likes