KNOWN ISSUE: Unable To Launch Darktide After Patch

Please include the requested logs, it would really help us out. Thank you!

darktide_launcher.log (42.6 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (975.0 KB)

launching from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\binaries is also unsuccessful due to error with signing in, probably due to whatever handshake the launcher does when it actually launches the game

got it running by going through all launcher and game .exe’s and disabling fullscreen optimizations and ticking run as admin box.

1 Like

Our Launcher Developers are on the case. :+1:

1 Like

Issue Description:
Game not launching from launcher.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Open launcher
  2. Click ‘play’ on launcher
  3. launcher closes but game does not run

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam ID: 76561198053111513

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/15/2022 12:30PM] [UTC -3]

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Console Log:
No console log found that corresponds to trying to launch game today

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (436.5 KB)
(This is the log after I tried reinstalling the game)

Admin and disabling fullscreen, made the game start up

100% this worked for me as well, I did the darktide exe the launcher exe and the “Play protected game” EAC exe located in the launchers location.

all as in both the launcher exe and the game exe?

I didn’t do the play protected game eac exe located in the launchers location but did do the game exe in binaries and the launcher exe and it did launch the game successfully.

2 Likes

darktide_launcher.log (709.0 KB)

first was this: Anti cheat initializing game after clicking start result in crash

and now this, bru, i just want to play the game that i paid for. is that hard to want

sentientcode

can you do a step by step instructions on how you did it pls

i did disable fullscreen optimizations on game exe and launcher exe and checked run as admin though game was already set to and the game finally launched and signed in successfully to operator selection

so right click the applications (launcher.exe and whatever the game one is called), select properties, uncheck fullscreen optimization if checked, check run as administrator if not checked

For me, those are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\launcher

and here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE\binaries

someone else said just setting the launcher to run as admin worked.

1 Like

Some of these methods get my game to boot up but when I attempt to enter the game I am immediately met by a Backend error message that I cannot get through.

1 Like

doesn’t work for me still crashes after shader cache reaches 100%

Running the launcher .exe and Darktide .exe as administrator fixed this for me.

I give up they have my crash log so I’ll leave it at that, and probably come back to check the game after new years eve.

it would seem the Dark powers of the Warp have clouded my PC. I know the Emperor has not forsaken my PC so I’ll pray for its salvation. pray with me so it maybe shines anew with the emperor’s light by being able to see my Zealot (Kratos) charging onto the hordes of heathens.

(ps. you can tell I love the game so do fix it soon, peace)

1 Like

new problem, potentially related: Cannot use voice chat nor in-game chat though my teammates can. Even with discord running as admin, cannot use discord while in-game unless i hold p2t key while in discord and continue to hold while selecting game window (so the mic stays open)