KNOWN ISSUE: 'Input' options (Mouse Sensitivity, etc.) Resetting at Random

Each time I start Darktide, my customized “input” settings appear the same, but function as if reset to default. However, “Hold to Crouch” does appear AND function as having been reset.

Steps to reproduce:

1. start game
  2. customize “input” settings
  3. restart game
  4. “Input” settings reset to default

Using: Xbox Controller
Region: USA, Eastern

I play on geforce now cloud gaming with ps4 controller device
All working very well except reverse axe y
I always have to go to the game options to disable then re-enable the joystick/mouse controller y-axis inversion.
every time I enter the game I have to do it

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description: I play on Pc and use a controller to play. Whenever I Start the game, I have to reenable invert Y axis, even though the game says it is on. This happens even when I restart the game but now while I am playing the game.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Launch the game on pc with a controller connected.
    2.Try out your y-axis controls.
    3.Go to settings-input-invert y-axis.
    4.check to see if control is inverted.
  2. close game and repeat steps 1-2.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

**Platform:**PC
[Steam]

Player ID:
[BaronvonBoomBoom]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[ongoing]

Reproduction Rate:
100% upon restart of game)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description: Settings like look inversion, aiming sensitivity, and crouch/sprint toggles reset to default upon loading the game each time.

Steps to Reproduce: Close game, relaunch, check input settings.

Issue Description:

I use an Xbox Elite V2. controller to play. Every time I login or crash and reconnect I have to go into my controller settings in the game menu and adjust them. Let me explain further with an example. My controller sensitivity setting is at 3.4 and when I login or when I crash and reconnect the setting still shows as 3.4 in the game menu but the actual sensitivity is much slower. So, in order to fix it I have to go into the game menu and adjust the slider from 3.4 to 3.3 or 3.5 and then back to 3.4 and exit the menu. Now the sensitivity is where it should be. This is an issue that has been present since Nov. 17th but I figured the devs would have caught it by now. I realize that so few people are playing with controller that this hasn’t been spotted yet. Please fix as it’s a real pain to deal with every single time I play.

Thank you!

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use a controller
  2. Adjust sensitivity settings (example 3.4)
  3. Exit Game and Restart or Crash and Reconnect
  4. Notice that the sensitivity setting is not where you previously had it even though the number in the game menu shows the setting you changed it to.
  5. On-Screen setting shows correctly, but in-game does not register altered sensitivity until you have moved the slider at which point the game registers the sensitivity.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Tacet_Mort3m

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

No logs show up for this issue. But it is present.

Issue Description:
The controller “invert look y-axis” setting is not applied to game on startup, even though it shows as “On”.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Log in to character playing with controller.
  2. Go to Options > Input and set the “Invert Look Y-Axis” to “On”.
  3. Character view moves as expected with controller.
  4. Fully exit and restart the game
  5. Use the controller - notice that the inversion is not working.
  6. Go to settings again.
  7. Inversion shows still applied - you have to toggle it off and on again to get it applied.

I notice in the hub prior to joining a mission.

Platform:
PC Steam

Anytime

Reproduction Rate:
100% (every restart of game)

Issue Description: Input customization options reset each time I start the game, and controller sensitivity resets to the lowest value while still showing customized value.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set custom input settings
  2. Restart game
  3. values reset

Steam, controller.

Player ID: WhoTookMySpoons

Eastern Standard Time, USA

reproduction rate: 100%

Issue Description:
On XBOX controller the imput continues to reset after reboot mainly the following settings :
Sensitivity
Deadzone
Turn acceleration

Settings menus also became impossible to navigate on controller as everytime I try to change a setting it goes back to the top of the settings list.

Steps to Reproduce:
Use controller
Launch Darktide

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-30-21.29.14-0d777043-8dab-45f0-b0e4-5b14b07259e2.log (178.1 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (539.8 KB)

1 Like

Since Closed Beta, every time I start the game I have to reset the following options.

Note that, they do appear to be set correctly on the settings page, but are not.

Subtitles: Off
Look Sensitivity: 2.2 (I use gamepad)
Deadzone: 0.1
Y-axis Invert: On

Also note: Many people reporting severe performance loss since launch. I wonder if GFX settings are not being saved correctly. Similar to this issue, the settings page may appear to show one setting, when in fact a different setting is applied.

1 Like

Same issue but it happens every time you close the game. The options are selected but the defaults apply.

Secondly there is no way to change the aim speed while looking down the sights, it’s always just really slow. (Controller)

1 Like

Agreed ADS speed modifier would be great, vibrations also hope they are coming soon.
Also since you guys also play on controller am I the only one who feels deadzones even at 0 don’t make much difference ?

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:

Every time I launch the game, I have to re-do my input settings

Steps to Reproduce:

Restart the game.

Platform:

Steam

Reproduction Rate:

Constant (100%)

Check that your settings file is not read only

Issue Description:
Changing controller settings (such as Look Sensitivity and Invert Look Y-Axis) won’t persist between game sessions. Specifically, they appear to be changed to the previously-set values in the menu, but the settings are not actually changed.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Launch the game with a controller connected.
  2. Open the Options menu and go to Input
  3. Change Look Sensitivity to something really high, and change Invert Look Y-Axis to On
  4. Verify that these settings were indeed changed by testing them in gameplay
  5. Close the game and relaunch it
  6. Open the Options menu again and look at the settings you changed. They should still appear to be the correct desired values that you previously set, but in gameplay they are no longer applied (for example, the Y-axis will be inverted in the menu, but will NOT be inverted in gameplay).

N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Azamander

Since launch.

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
N/A

Upload Console Log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here:
    darktide_launcher.log (386.9 KB)
    console-2022-12-06-06.35.19-a6c4e505-6162-451c-bda8-5a06c3b80759.log (90.2 KB)
    console-2022-12-06-06.39.11-b2da0db1-eda1-4baa-902a-996714f4347e.log (172.9 KB)
1 Like

Can confirm this 100% I use inverted Y axis and every game reset including crashes reverts it to normal even while it says it is inverted.

Issue Description:
Gamepass PC - I have my controller sensitivity settings set to 2.0 in settings, but every time I restart the game I must go to that setting and click on it and off again to “reconfirm” it. It always shows “2.0” as the setting on the bar, but there is a noticeable difference in sensitivity from before and after I perform this reconfirmation. Once I have confirmed it, it remains working as intended until I restart the game.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Reset all game settings and start the game using a controller on Gamepass PC edition
  2. Start any match and note the controller sensitivity feel at default
  3. Change sensitivity to 2.0 (it also works for other values), save it, and note the new sensitivity feel
  4. Exit the game via normal means and return to desktop
  5. Restart the game, enter a mission, and check the setting to make sure it is still at 2.0
  6. Check that the feel of the sensitivity in-game is that of the 1.0 setting, or at the very least is definitely lower than 2.0
  7. Go back to the setting and click it, then click again to “reconfirm” the 2.0 that it is already set at.
  8. Check that the feel of the sensitivity in-game is that of 2.0 setting

Platform:
Xbox GamePass on PC

Player ID:
KramboSlick

Any time

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Not only de sensitivity, the vertical axis invertion is also resseting at each new launch.

It’s bothersome.

• the crouch option that is toogled each time we enter the input options.

• some display options (and probably elsewhere) that cannot be changed with the controller because selecting them put the focus back up at the first option of the menu.

EVERY time I start the game, I have to readjust all my sensitivity settings and toggles.

All the settings are still in their prospective places as they were before, but I still have to click them all. It’s even worse with a controller.

Invert Y axis con controller settings restes every time, it won’t save

As of today, 12/23, controller settings still default to a normal Y pitch on boot even if inversion is toggled to “yes”.

Other sensitivity settings default as well look to 2.0 and the deadzone to .10

Just now while in a match, Chat was locked to the Mourningstar.