KNOWN ISSUE: hot_join_party_hub_failed / Error Code: 4001

Getting 4001 error as well when I try to login with my character, or create a new one. Prologue complete, right after boot camp course while in a party. My friends left, I was kicked out of the session and couldn’t play after that.

Can’t seem to play at all now.

1 Like

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description: Game launches fine, but when I complete the prologue, it instantly kicks me out to the main menu with “Error Code 4001” If I create a new character then choose to skip prologue, again instantly kicked out.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
N/A not crashing.

Error Displayed (If Applicable): Failed Joining Server [Error Code: 4001]

Steps to Reproduce:
Complete the prologue it seems. Game runs fine through prologue, but the second I click to speak to the Inquisitor, it kicks me out to the menu. If I skip the prologue on a new character, instantly kicks me to menu without even getting in the game.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Microsoft Store/Gamepass.

Player ID:
Nyxzy

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/01/2022, 01:00AM] [GMT]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:
unsure how to upload this, it was too large to paste in.

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
Same as above.

[Edit]
Things tried so far to rectify the issue: Verified files on xbox app. Ran game as Administrator. Restarted game. Restarted PC. Restarted Modem/Router. Tried running the game with as much other software as possible closed. Ensured game was allowed through windows firewall. Removed and readded game as exception for windows firewall. Disabled windows firewall entirely. Uninstall/reinstall. Uninstall/reinstall onto boot drive rather than secondary SSD. Full clean uninstall with manually removing all files to do with the game before reinstall.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I played through the prologue on 2 characters, but as soon as I hit play after that I get the screen you show with the same error 4001.

On GamePass when you launch the game ensure you’re letting the firewall rules add the game as an outbound connection

Just tried this, game was already in the outbound list, tried removing it and readding it, then just out of curiosity, tried fully turning windows firewall off, issue persists. Appreciate the suggestions though!

1 Like

I’ve raised this with our developers. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat and based on reddit and other platforms seems like this is affecting tons of gamepass players.

I would just like to add that the game was indeed already in my outbound allowed list, and that I also tried to turn firewall off temporarily which did not change the situation.

2 Likes

I think this is a MAJOR PROBLEM because everyone I know that has tried playing the game through gamepass has had this same error over and over. Exactly the way the original poster described the problem. You would think that they would have already fixed this problem with the massive amount of players this is affecting and as it’s a DAY ONE GAMEPASS GAME think of all the players trying this game for the first time to run into this error. Most probably won’t ever come back to try the game now what a wasted opportunity FatShark has ruined for a large amount of player base that could be long-time players but nope no one on gamepass can play cause of this error wow I really hope someone figures out a way past this or an update is out asap like in the next 12 hours to fix this it should have been a top priority for this developer and if I was Xbox paying for this game as a day one launch for gamepass but none of my gamepass players can even play I would be heated as heck at this developer I know stuff happens but with all the money Xbox had to pay to get this game day one and this is literally not letting any gamepass player play what was the point? i hope in the next couple hours they put out an update

2 Likes

this dudes right ive been tryin to log in since yesterday

This is happening to my friend on game pass as well. 4001. We’ve tried everything. Because this is a coop game that we all want to play together, this is technically affecting all four of us.

1 Like

all the 1 star reviews you guys have on xbox are from this error ppl are putting it in as error code 4001 with a 1 star tag on it

Error 4001 did everything could think of , still cant play the game :frowning: I know its been asked but anyone find a work around ? Hate to ask for a refund didnt get to play the game but not going to pay for a game I cant play.

Same issue since launch. Game is unplayable because of this error code 4001. They need to fix this ASAP!

1 Like

This game will go the way of Anthem VERY quickly. I am among the many with the GamePass post-prologue 4001 issue. 2 out of the 3 of us wanting to play have this error. There is no firewall issue, no ipv6 issue, and every other suggested attempt to fix has yielded nothing.
“It’s on our radar” and “we’re looking into it” isn’t an acceptable response to a game that isn’t just a buggy mess, but literally, ACTUALLY, unplayable for a huge group of fans. I will concede this could be relegated partially, or even entirely, to Microsoft, but that doesn’t fix anything. Why this sort of thing was not tested during, what is called “the beta”(ie - Pre-Release) is beyond me.
Have game companies, investors, and devs learned nothing over the past years with hundreds of millions of dollars thrown away, by triple A developers and indie studios alike, due to their games as service strategy and releasing extremely buggy messes that take weeks, months, or years to fix? You needn’t look further than Cyberpunk, Battlefield, and No Man Sky to name some popular ones.
Sure Vermintide 1 and 2 sold 2 million copies a piece but, do the developers and investors of this game expect anything close to that with 2 betas, 1 ending a day before “release”, and the dumpster fire this has become on day 1? Hope that Microsoft check was a Fat one.

1 Like

A workaround to get in past the 4001 error code has been found. Boot the game up to the point of getting the 4001 error but before you click “start” open up the xbox app, click on you profile top on the top left and sign out. Then tab back into the game and click start. Its worked for me and the original discoverer u/Ok_Task5367 (reddit).

I don’t know if there are problems that occur by doing this so please be careful or post about them.

Edit: Signing out of xbox gamebar too might be necessary if the above doesn’t work. Many people on my reddit threads have said this works.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot M4GNUM for your help ! It’s work perfectly for me ! And by you, I can now play it ! What a mess ! But I’m happy because the game seems to run well, I can play it for 3-4 missions and take lot of fun ! A good evolution of Vermintide 2 in my opinion, but it’s different in some points etc so … but Thanks Thanks Thanks ! You’re the boss !

1 Like

M4GNUM’s post about a workaround also works perfectly for me. Replicated 3+ times playing several matches with no crashes. Can you please bring this to the developer’s attention? Might help them narrow down the issue, thank you!!!

3 Likes

Adding to your post hoping the DEV team is reading these to help remove this issue soon… If you sign out of the xbox app like you mentioned you lose access to your social features I.E. Friends, Invites, The Mourning Star ect… hopefully this info helps them sort things out.

Here’s console log with me just trying to join and getting error 4001 and the second log i’m uploading is with me signing out of the xbox app and getting in successfully.

console-2022-12-04-16.27.35-fb02d238-46c2-4290-8b31-6123a2ee915a.log (39.7 KB)

console-2022-12-04-16.29.39-e632dc38-c579-441a-9c80-7659873d1770.log (115.1 KB)

1 Like

Can we get a status update on this? Is it even being worked on and has the cause been established?