KNOWN ISSUE: Connected Devices Disconnecting During Play

I’m using an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - 6 core, Win10.

I’d like to just share this temporary fix in this thread as well:
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/this-game-disables-my-headset-mouse-and-keyboard/62915/8?u=shariele

Maybe it will help more people.

Same happening here. Glad I’m not alone, was starting to think my mobo was dying…

Also running AMD 5 5600X, maybe it’s and AMD issue? One of my friends is also running AMD but has no problems…

Confirmed fix tried it earlier and posted in another thread swapping to another port gives temporary reprieve i had to use my back ports for my headset.

UPDATE: Taking out the USB hub and restarting seems to have fixed it. Managed to play an entire game without this popping up

Throwing my hat in. This did not happen during the beta at all. Never in my life have i had a game cause such an issue, absolutely ridiculous. It seems to be crashing random ports, my mouse will still function but my entire Audio bus and keyboard die repeatedly at random for 3 seconds at a time.

1 Like

The only other game I have had do this is was the 1.6 patch of Cyberpunk 2077. So it’s not unheard of but it is exceedingly rare.

1 Like

Chipping in, the fix only works temporarily for me. I will have to change ports around a lot just to get a game or two in. I tried unplugging non-essentials HIDs from my system and load back and Darktide will still cut off my devices. I noticed shutting software like NVIDIA Broadcast & Razer Synapse has helped hope those two aren’t correlated.

Relevant Specs

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

• Driver Version: 31.0.15.2698

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor

• RAM: 16307 MB

Confirming this is happening to me as well. Was in the open beta and this problem was not present, so it was introduced in the game launch.

1 Like

Im having the same issue, and had it in Cyberpunk 2077 but couldn’t figure out what is was until now. Also running AMD

OMG IM SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM! The game is currently unplayable because of this and neeeeeds a fix

1 Like

As of hotfix 1.0.12 this seems to be resolved for me. Haven’t done a mission yet but its fine in the mourningstar. Anyone else have it go away?

AMD Ryzen 5600X here and I seem to be getting a slightly different problem where my keyboard’s backlight is flashing on and off and inputs are being dropped here and there.

Still the same issue, but now only a few minutes in the game inputs starts to go crazy. Totally unplayable and super annyoing bug. Whatever they did this wasnt in the beta.

Also AMD here and Razer inputs.

1 Like

Same issue here

This is super annoying, for me it doesn’t happen in the mouringstar but only during missions. Randomly the keyboard just seems to stop working, mouse works instead.
so you’re stuck with going the last direction that was correctly inputed and can’t change weapon or do anything else other than shooting and aiming.

1 Like

Having the same problem since the official release. Everything was great during the beta though. Please fix this ASAP…

AMD cpu and Razer Viper Ultimate.

Having the exact same issue as Horizont here. The Mourningstar is fine but enter a mission and within 30 seconds my Keyboard disconnects and causes me to run in the last held direction, and the keyboard will not work until I restart my computer, making the game fully unplayable.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Log on
  2. Choose any mission
  3. Within 30 seconds keyboard disconnects
  4. Cannot reconnect keyboard until computer restart

Platform:
Steam

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
GeForce RTX 3070
16 GBs Ram
Keyboard - Razer BlackWidow Chroma

I love this game and this company but this is highly frustrating. Hope it gets fixed soon.

I have this problem as well, and having a Ryzen Core too.
I hear a USB disconnect sound and my entire game crashes. Did not have these problems at all till the game updated a little update for me today (after I got Twitch skins I think? Idk if those download a little update for the game)

Edit: As suggested I updated my Bios just now. The game lasted 14 minutes then it crashed again unfortunately.

Edit II: Changing USB ports around for every device and updating the BIOS turned the crashes down to 1 per match and then 1 in the mourningstar after consistently.

I just had a completely normal game after the 1.0.13 patch today.

I had also previously updated my BIOS.

Hopefully this level of playability remains.

Hi
everytime in each mission the controller suddenly stops working, need to restart pc, maybe it works maybe not, mostly doesn’t work

and eavery time i start the game, the conrtoller settings are not saved, i must change settings again,
Invert Y axis says activated, but is not activatd, i must disable it, enable it again for it to work

pc steam

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Attempt to pick up the second Grimoire
  3. Crash

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here