Kinetic Flayer with Warp Attacks

Hey,

I was wondering something about the Level 25 Kinetic Flayer Feat for Psyker. The description is as follows:

“All attacks have a 10% chance on hit to brain burst the target. This cannot occur while at critical peril, and has a cooldown of 15s.”

My question is the following: what counts as a suitable attack? I am not level 25 yet but 20, and I wanted to know in advance if that feat would work with say, my Surge Staff lightning attack. That’s practically all I use, not just because it’s really strong but also because it’s just satisfying as hell to spam, but if I specifically need to hit an enemy with a melee weapon or with the primary attack for the Feat to do anything, it might not be worth it.

It works with any attack you make(unless one is bugged which I haven’t noticed).

The problem with the ability is it will always go off on something dumb like a zombie. Most of the time you wont even notice it go off because you’re hitting so many things at once. ONE time I saw it pop a Rager and it actually felt nice. It is great for passive charge generation but almost useless for any form of offensive boost as the RNG is just too RNG.

Thank you very much for the answer! It indeed seems very RNG dependent, but the thing is… the other two feats are Warp Charge ones. I never even get to 3 warp charges let alone 4 because I use my staff more, which forces me to pick this one sadly