Kill Monstrosities Contract & Twin Bosses

Am I correct in guessing that the twins minibosses take up a spawn slot where a monstrosity miniboss would otherwise spawn? If so, the issue arises that they aren’t incrementing the kill monstrosities contract when defeated. So unless two minibosses spawn in a mission, the contract is not being incremented at a reasonable rate.

I’m at 6/8 completed missions for the week, and only at 2/6 monstrosities, one of them being a demonhost that someone triggered by mistake. Prior to the addition of these twins, and them blocking a monstrosity miniboss spawn, I’d have long since completed it by now.

Hotfixing them to increment the monstrosity kill contract when they decide to ninja smokebomb yeet out of the corporeal realm would be nice.

1 Like

Just play auric, you’ll get 1-2 monsters per mission on average, sometimes as many as four because consignment yard has a guaranteed spawn at the end of the finale.

I don’t think Auric is required. On just regular damnation, I expect 1-3 bosses per run.
I usually finish “kill monstrosities” contracts within 2 successful missions or so (though there may be an unsuccessful one) - I usually switch out the “complete 8 missions” contract on all but one character.
But, it is a good point. On lower difficulties, this would be more challenging, and having a new spawn hog the spot, but not count, would just needlessly complicate matters and put people off the new content.

1 Like

I’m playing on damnation, by the way, which I probably should’ve mentioned. Even so, no monstrosities spawning, with the twins miniboss seemingly spawning in their place. Only in the uncommon situation that a second miniboss spawns do I actually get any progress on the contract. Which, in the case of this week’s contract runs, was exactly once with a chaos spawn and a second time when a teammate blundered into a demonhost.

Normally, yes, on damnation this contract would be complete after 3-5 missions.

Suggestion: change “Kill X Monstrosities” contract to “Defeat X Captains & Monstrosities.”

1 Like

Why not. I mean, they could just classify the captains as “monstrosities”, including map bosses if necessary. It wouldn’t massively affect the “economy”.
Until they do that, might I recommend a Maelstrom mission with “monstrous specials”? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

True, I played 8 games until now after update, only got 4/8 bosses, 3 of them is demonhost , and 1 is beast of nurgle. Its because of the new bosses, that dont die and run away, mix of damnation and auric I played.

So the final tally would’ve been 3/6 monstrosities after 8 missions on damnation, with the guest appearance of a beast of nurgle on the last mission. I ended up having to burn 150k dockets rerolling until I got collect 750 plasteel instead, which was completed in the final two missions.

Please do fix your contract system. This is a janky, borderline inadequate and unacceptable alpha placeholder that we have now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.