Kerillian's Spear & Shield illusion

So after taking a few months of break from Vermintide 2, I came back with the new big balance patch to finish my goal of doing all missions on Legend with at least one career.
My favourite has always been Handmaiden, especially since the addition of Spear & Shield (Greatsword before).

You cannot find the Spear & Shield in a chest, you have to craft it, for five red dust. Not getting DLC weapons in chests is also kinda dumb, but that’s another topic.

The red skin illusion for the Spear & Shield after defeating all bosses on the highest vanilla difficulty is disappointing!
There is nothing on the spear and the shield only gets two small glowing runes at the center and a little line on the inside.

I know it’s petty, but I feel like achievement illusions should at least look pompous. Compare it to the Executioner’s Sword for example, that one basically becomes a lightsaber.

Can you please put some runes on the spear as well? Maybe along the shaft and some on the blade? Maybe even a little animated magic rune that pops up on the shield when you push with it?

Or something.

Or am I alone with the opinion that it’s kinda lame as far as rewards go?

6 Likes

No you’re not alone. It was discussed quite a bit just after release.

I can’t say I remember exactly but it was pretty much in line with what you wrote.

1 Like

Yep. Was stoked for “Princess Glamour Shield.” Even though I felt like a tool everytime I said it.

The Red Skin is garbage. Just Garbage.

Compare to the Bretonian Sword and Shield. No comparison.

A lot of garbage Red skins in this game.

Bit of a bump of an old topic, but I only just got the illusion and I have to say I am dissapointed as well. Mostly because unlike chest weapons (lootable and not just craftable), the crafting weapons only have 1 illusion option as far as I have seen for red items with blue markings? While the others have different skins depending on which red item you pull from a chest.

Kruber his Executioners sword is indeed a perfect example having lots of shiny runes, while shield & spear is more of an eye sore honestly. All that work to get so little in return. That aside, I think there need to be a lot more skin options for red crafted weapons, just like lootable reds.

The skin shop is fine and all, but I absolutely prefer the blue shine over the purple ones. Not just because it is rarer, but simply cause I like the color better. So putting some of those in the store would be great, though I guess some people may dislike that idea.

Anyway just some more challenges would be fine as well to get crafted illusions. ANything will do as long as I get a better shield & spear illusion :smiley:

Some weapons are less shiny, like most of Sienna her bolt staffs for example, but the crown on one of these is so huge and the spear point tip on it is also huge which still makes it an amazing skin.

For Kerillian there is no reason to keep the spear bland though, and with such a huge shield, I expected something as shiny as bretonian shield :frowning:

1 Like