Kerillian, Sienna add toxicity -> suggestion

Its not problem with pyro or waystalker…

its problem with unchained, battlemage, shade and handmaiden also mercenary, slayer, ranger, whc and zealot

1 Like

@davoodoo the thing I see with buffing those classes is that they will need to re-balance the difficulty from Veteran upwards.
I agree that buffs are better than nerfs but I would reduce? (EDIT: LOL I meant increase) the CD on Sienna’s Pyro ult, for example, to make it feel more like an ult.
About the elf, no idea, honestly. I hate her so much I abandoned her at lv 11

Do they? ive played games without pyro or waystalker and it was still pretty easy…

If it was easy, imagine with those characters buffed…

About the same? instead of bringing strongest classes you will be able to bring melee dps and perform about as well.

Crowd control is maker or breaker of the run and no amount of dmg increase helps with that.

The thing is we are just theorizing without knowing how those buffs would be.
But, applying simple math, nerfing two classes would affect the balance less than buffing four or more, don’t you think?

I never said anything about any score boards, on the contrary I clearly explained what was the problem - unskillful games, devaluing other classes, people expecting you to play OP specs to make their life easier, yet you “believe” (as opposed to proving?) that everything I’ve said is just about score boards. Yes, my man, yes. It is sad.

You still miss the point. It’s not some abstract buff vs nerf. It’s about game mechanics that require you to have skill to play. Dodge, block, position yourself advantageously on the terrain, know where monsters spawn at, know how to kill heavily armored targets, know how to effectively push them, or how to effectively use your heavy attack, know how to circle and hit them in the back while they’re busy with your allies and many things more.

As opposed to pressing R.

Except nerfing classes to lower standard would theoretically increase difficulty.

Buffing other classes to higher standard would leave difficulty constant.

Let’s break this down:

This reminds me of Overwatch A LOT. (Mercy doesn’t require skill, Junkrat doesn’t have to aim…) Some skills don’t need aiming, all right? Just accept it. Saltzpyre’s ult feels awesome and has its uses and Sienna’s also has its uses, especially when dealing with specials out of range.

• devaluing other classes

As many people have stated, classes have their uses. The problem is that those uses are not being properly rewarded at the end screen, like a Tank or a CC focused character. Only DPS is being rewarded.

• people expecting you to play OP specs to make their life easier

100+ hours of gameplay and I have never seen a kick vote for playing a class. The only kick vote I have seen was due to a player being toxic in a previous match. And I play QP all the time

It’s about game mechanics that require you to have skill to play.

Why the obsession with skill? We are talking about an active ability that can be fired… once per minute maybe? The rest of the time, Sienna and Kerillian will be dodging and blocking like everyone else, especially on harder difficulties where their ranged attacks are not enough to keep everyone at bay.

@davoodoo I’d like to see the reactions. I believe that buffing classes would lower the general difficulty and I would love to see the results if this happens.

How, everyone is using strongest classes already.

How bringing other classes to that lvl would lower difficulty?

What are the strongest classes? Only Pyro and WS? That would make 2/4 players.
Well there’s IB to… and… Witch Hunter?

Foot soldier, ironbreaker, waystalker, bounty hunter, pyro.

Though out of the bunch foot soldier is weakest.

Foot Soldier… :thinking:
Interesting. I will try him.

Hes best kruber got to offer, but thats only because huntsman was nerfed to ground.

He actually needs a buff cause even unchained is better tank.

I see your point. And I agree. Other careers should be as viable as the “big ones” for each character.

Lol what? +30% cd reduction and Pyro’s ult recharges quickly as it is. It’s WAY less than a minute. Maybe 30 seconds, maybe less, I would need to check. But even then it doesn’t really matter, as using Beam staff with +2% cooldown reduction on crit on Pyro instantly refills the ult. While fighting a boss, I’m being able to use 6 Pyro ults in a row and maybe I could do more of them, but there’s no way of knowing because the boss is dead - yay skill !

Because it’s what makes this game awesome? Feeling really good because you can get out of the most difficult situations because you know a lot, pay attention to a lot of things, have taught yourself a great muscle memory for safe movement on the field etc and actually think before you do? Not because you just press R?

One of top 10 arguments in any discussion in the world. Is based on iron-clad, unshakable foundation, every angle proven and justified, cause-and-effect chain is meticulously worked through. I’m beaten.

:man_shrugging:
Homing attacks have been in VT since VT1 and Kerillian’s trueflight bow. It’s not anything new.
The skill here is when to use it, and that’s why the CD should be increased, to make each use count. It’s a different kind of skill, that’s all.
And the Beam staff is broken. After patch 1 they acknowledged the issue and said they would fix it. Let’s see if patch four brings the change.

Sooo. Lets imagine there is no more homing on abilities. For some reason i think you will start crying about smth else then.

With current game state homing is needed. Offscreen gas rat will wipe all your team on legend.

1 Like